Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$164 for the fronts #70710
$186 for the rears #70702
Seems a little cheap to me but they assured me that there was no difference between these and the ones the chevy dealer tried to sell me for three times the cost.
I tried to look up this number on the discount tire web site but no search option.
Is this to good to be true and what do I look for?

This forum has been very helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're looking for wheels?

Discount Tire sells reproduction wheels. They are not exactly the same as the OEM wheels. The reproduction wheels will be heavier (3 to 5 pounds each, depending on the vendor) and may not be as strong.

The OEM wheels were either by Alcoa ('01) or Speedline ('02 through '04) and they have a GM logo on the backside as well as a part number stamped in it.

Depending on what you want out of the wheel though, the reproduction wheels may suit you just fine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are you talking about ZO6 wheels? I bought a set of ZO6 wheels from them a few years ago for my 02 Z28. They were ok but not the same as GM oem ZO6 wheels made by Speedline in Italy. They are heavier and of much poorer quality than GM's. My rears started to dull within the first 6 months looking oxidized. :mah: IMO I would spend the extra cash and get OEM GM ZO6 wheels for a Corvette. :jammin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts