Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
jrz1 said:
My oil temp frequently gets up to 280-290+ on the track (before oil cooler) yet I've never had an alert about my transmission temp. Don't know if this is in line with what others have experienced or not.
Last year during the 1 or 2 track weekends I drove the Z06 on track, it was quite warm out (80-90 degrees) and after 20-25 minutes on track, my "trans temp high" warning came on and was reading near 280 degrees.

I did put synthetic trans. fluid in before I ever tracked the car, and I know this will help tremendously, but I still would like to keep the temperatures down.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
DJWorm said:
Absolutely 1st class write up. Excellent Job!!!!!!
THAT info you could charge for and you give it to us fer nuttin... A big HANDSHAKE to ya! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
jrz1 said:
My oil temp frequently gets up to 280-290+ on the track (before oil cooler) yet I've never had an alert about my transmission temp. Don't know if this is in line with what others have experienced or not.
Most of the complaints that I've heard with high tranny temps have been with runs in hotter temps, or longer runs. I haven't personally had any problems w/ Tranny temps, however one of the recommendations that I've heard [before Tranny cooler] is that the over-axle exhaust pipes need to be wrapped in Header tape (or similar).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts