Corvette Z06 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally got around to this today. This is the feel I wanted to start with and never had. This was about the final disappointment I had with this car so it's good to have it all sorted out.

Here is what I found on mine.

I put two layers of matte on the inside and outside of the break. This is the finished repair.

I was too lazy to tear them both all the way down and switch foams but while I had them out I put some plastic corrugated sign board between the wires and the foam on the bottoms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
While washing the car last night I tried this on a C6 (2006) and it appears to work... though may need a little more finesse to make it look right. Took me about 10 minutes, there are two zippers on the back of my seats, making it very easy to make the mod. I'm 6' and about 180, and it makes the seat tight, I'll probably leave it through this weekend since I'm headed to Houston-MSR for The Driver's Edge, but will probably change it back for normal driving. If you are any bigger than I am, you probably will not like it - if you are smalller, you may love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, thank you very much for this mod! I have run over a dozen HPDE events with a six point harness that is tight, but I didn't like the feel of the stock seats. This mod really makes me feel like I am part of the car now. I only did the drivers seat because as posted above it might feel uncomfortable for a larger framed person. I am 6'1", 180 pounds.

Reading the instructions I was confused and after trying to do the mod while the seat was in the car, it frustrated me as no matter what I did to try and find/ get the zipper end... it wouldn't work. Carefully removing the seat from the car and laying it down, the zipper end easily gave up and I won.

Reading that chafing might occur with this mod, my friend who helped me do this cut a piece of small rubber tubing lengthwise, and pushed it onto the area in question and it fit like a glove.

I also was confused about the lower attachment that hold the material down in the back... I believe they are called rails. I thought that they connected side to side, however we found out that they connect from top to bottom. With the seat out of the car they attached easily by pulling the material and snapping them back into place, and I can see why people trying this with the seat in the car might find it very difficult to do.

I am not talented with this sort of stuff, however with a little time and looking at it, we figured it out. This mod has transformed my Z06, and thank you very much again for posting it!

JB

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am new to the site, why can't I see the pictures?
Usually the person who originally posted them has moved them, deleted them, closed the hosting account or some other such action.

:z:

they are from june 2010.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Apparently free online image hosting sites don't host your pictures forever. :what: Pictures have been updated in the original post.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts