Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I changed my clutch fluid yesterday, I decided that since it was raining, and I couldn’t drive it, I’d mod it instead. So out comes the Killer Bee. I was going to wait until after my first oil change, but who cares. If the dealer whines about it in the slightest, I plan to have a copy of the Magnuson-Moss act to give them. ;) (or maybe I’ll be a good boy and put the stock one back on for that trip)

Stock.

KB kit. It comes with the ‘security’ torx bit for the MAF screws. Mine was just a standard T-20, so I just put the supplied bit away.

Tools Needed: I used a magnetic bit driver, and an allen set. Oh and BEER! :) :mug:

Step 1. Pour cold beer into frosty mug.

Take a big gulp. Now you are ready for some modding. :drunken: :lol:

Started out by loosening the clamp on the throttle body.

Then pulled the PCV nipple out of the stock intake. There is a clip on the connector so that you can leave the nipple in place, but mine pulled out with ease. I guess since it’s so new, the rubber didn’t have a chance to stick.

Used a small flathead screwdriver to remove the clip holding the MAF harness in place, then unplugged the MAF.

Pop the grommets loose that hold the stock intake. And slide the rubber housing off of the TB and its out.

Remove the MAF, notice the arrow, pointing flow direction.

Install it in the KB, arrow pointing same direction. (I didn’t try it backwards, but I think you can only put it in the correct way or the screw holes won’t line up)

Slide KB onto TB. Snug up.

Plug in MAF. Replace clip.

Pop PCV hose into place.

Install new filter. Tighten all clamps.

Done.

The rain has stopped and the roads are drying up, so I may actually get a chance to go try it out in a few minutes. :yeadog: :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Nice how to article with excellent close up pics....thanks!

Zippy :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
z06nut said:
LOL beer. I hope you wait a little before getting behind the wheel. :guiness:
Wait a minute here. No lecture from you!:NoNo: I'm the dad here!!

What Tony meant was you might spill it.:ity:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice job! But your taste in beer is questionable. Try a nice German beer like Spatan and see how much faster your car will go.

I think most F-body types drink bud, not us fancy guys. We like the best beer on the planet, and that's any beer made in Germany.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blitz said:
Nice job! But your taste in beer is questionable. Try a nice German beer like Spatan and see how much faster your car will go.

I think most F-body types drink bud, not us fancy guys. We like the best beer on the planet, and that's any beer made in Germany.
Bud is available at every corner store, so I usually have it around. But I've also been known to throw back a few Becks Dark or Newcastles, maybe even a Guiness or two. Just didn't have any on hand last night when I did the install. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thanks for the pics. :thumb:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Nice write up and great pics, but I have two comments:

1. Install is so fast and easy you would hardly have even made a dent in the beer.

2. The MAF can be removed and installed without unplugging the wire harness. Just remove the screws and slide it out.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
jub jub said:
That appeared to be a 6 beer job! :guiness:

Nice writeup BTW! :thumb:

Dang Jub!! 6 beers for that??!!! :p

Anyway.....great shots and nice write up!! :z:

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Blitz said:

Budweiser is OK, as long as it comes from Czech :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_Budvar

All the Bud products give me a headache. Guinness makes a faster bench racer though :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Killer bee advantage

How much more power does this unit produce? Does it throw codes like the Halltech TRAP did on my 03 Z06 (went away after being reset a few times). Do you need to have a custom tune for this to work properly? Looks like a real nice add on and easy to install. I'm thinking about getting one but would like some "real world" info before I do. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts