Corvette Z06 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks jub jub... i think i might give this mod a try. i tried using dynamat, and that stuff almost totally eliminates the noise... UNTIL it rips. it's not made for moving parts.

anyway, i am worried about removing those stop bolts. so, there are not problems at all with removing them, when using the hurst on a z06 transmission? why were they even there in the first place then?

thanks.
The stop bolts are for speed shifting-drag racing-so that you don't break the shift forks. I installed my Hurst with no bolts,no springs,and the stock knob,and I have no problems with noise or vibration. Then I did the anti-venom mod with a 1.5 mm washer to reduce shift effort. Most guys seem to use about twice that-around .1"-it's a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a b&m ripper and no sound proof material and notice no noise, but shifting can be troublesome from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes 5th. is this the b&m or just common c5 shifting. i modded the shifter to be lower and changed the angle, seems to be better. what do you guys prefer for c5 z06 shifters?

·
21,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Cool thanks. Just not sure exactly
Where to put the rubber. Seems like the only place would affect shifting.

You invert the plug and stick it in the boot. It doesn't have any affect on the shifting. The plug is only a few bucks so if you don't like it, you're not out of a lot of money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You invert the plug and stick it in the boot. It doesn't have any affect on the shifting. The plug is only a few bucks so if you don't like it, you're not out of a lot of money.
Are you talking specifically around the shifter about 6 inches down, where the hole is?

Maybe my boot isnt inverted. The car had the shifter on it when i got her.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts