Corvette Z06 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks jub jub... i think i might give this mod a try. i tried using dynamat, and that stuff almost totally eliminates the noise... UNTIL it rips. it's not made for moving parts.

anyway, i am worried about removing those stop bolts. so, there are not problems at all with removing them, when using the hurst on a z06 transmission? why were they even there in the first place then?

thanks.
The stop bolts are for speed shifting-drag racing-so that you don't break the shift forks. I installed my Hurst with no bolts,no springs,and the stock knob,and I have no problems with noise or vibration. Then I did the anti-venom mod with a 1.5 mm washer to reduce shift effort. Most guys seem to use about twice that-around .1"-it's a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a b&m ripper and no sound proof material and notice no noise, but shifting can be troublesome from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes 5th. is this the b&m or just common c5 shifting. i modded the shifter to be lower and changed the angle, seems to be better. what do you guys prefer for c5 z06 shifters?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You invert the plug and stick it in the boot. It doesn't have any affect on the shifting. The plug is only a few bucks so if you don't like it, you're not out of a lot of money.
Are you talking specifically around the shifter about 6 inches down, where the hole is?

Maybe my boot isnt inverted. The car had the shifter on it when i got her.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts