Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the fit better then the Evo2 and it's bottom mounted which hopefully means I can use a slider as my purpose is drive on street and track and move seat accordingly for each.

Does hardbar make a mount?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
For SCCA Solo II AutoX Super Sport class you must use stock OEM seat

For SCCA Solo II AutoX ASP and above the seat choice is unlimited with NO restrictions other than it must be
- fully upolstered (front side)
- be full sized (ie no baby car seats or kart seats may be used)
- Can be stock OEM, FIA approved racing seat or Non FIA approved racing seat without any restrictions.

For SCCA Solo I Time Trials the seat choice is unlimited in all 4 Levels:
- It can be stock OEM
- It can be an FIA approved racing seat
- It can be non stock OEM and non FIA but it must then have a seat back brace.

So if you are definetly asking if it is Solo I approved and need to use it as a slider you need to get an FIA approved seat. Otherwise a seat back brace will be needed and therefore it can't BE a slider. You need to determine if the Sparco Fighter is FIA approved.

Then, I would call Dennis at HardBar and see if their slider adapter for the Evo2 will work.

NOTE: If it is an FIA approved seat it is your responsibility to document it. Either the seat needs to have a tag or stamp on it saying that it is FIA approved or you MUST have paperwork that says it is. Ie. get it in writting before you purchase and be armed with documentation when you go to Tech Inspection. Also get a copy of the SCCA GCR's, Solo II and Time Trials Rules before you do any mods.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect. Thanks as always, exactly what I needed to know.
Thought the seat brace might be a possible rule.

The Fighter does not have a FIA sticker on it like others so my guess is it is not FIA.

So it sounds like Evo2 here I come.

Pro 2000 was just to snug around the sides for driving to and from the track.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To bad the stock seats are such junk.
Even with the harness my left knee is dying by the end of a session from being my brace against the door and my arms death gripping the wheel for a brace certainly doesn't help me be fast around the course.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
To bad the stock seats are such junk.
Even with the harness my left knee is dying by the end of a session from being my brace against the door and my arms death gripping the wheel for a brace certainly doesn't help me be fast around the course.
I know. Unfortunately, the C6 seats aren't much better either. What is GM thinking?

Sal

·
Registered
417 Posts
salvador said:
I know. Unfortunately, the C6 seats aren't much better either.
Sal
Fortunately, we have seat rail kits for the C6 as well as C5 and C4 in stock. As long as it is a side mount seat that is no wider on the lower areas than an Evo2 it will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts