Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Z06. I added a cam last winter, tomorow I'm throwing on a set of AFR heads. Can my injectors still keep up, or do I need to replace them. Also, is it mandatory? Can I finish off the season with the stockers and upgrade this winter? Also, what is the stock size for the Z06?

Dave

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Z06-Dave said:
I have a 2003 Z06. I added a cam last winter, tomorrow I'm throwing on a set of AFR heads. Can my injectors still keep up, or do I need to replace them. Also, is it mandatory? Can I finish off the season with the stockers and upgrade this winter? Also, what is the stock size for the Z06?

Dave
It all depends on the cam you have. Most people who have an LG 3X cam and AFR's do upgrade (rear wheel HP above 440). Unless you have a huge cam in the car, waiting to upgrade should not be an issue, you will just be leaving HP on the table. Stock size is 28 lb.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
IMHO yes, but do a search, this topic is frequently discussed, there is an active thread as we speak.

Les

Z06-Dave said:
I have a 2003 Z06. I added a cam last winter, tomorow I'm throwing on a set of AFR heads. Can my injectors still keep up, or do I need to replace them. Also, is it mandatory? Can I finish off the season with the stockers and upgrade this winter? Also, what is the stock size for the Z06?

Dave

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would if it were my car. You are pushing the limits and likely at 100% or more (they are just wide open). RC Engineering has some really nice injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts