Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of the Sport Seats in the Coupes and Converts tend to rock on the bottom rails sometimes. Apparently, there is too much play in the seat rails and seat mechanism.

Was wondering if the seats in the Z06 tend to do the same thing?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Recently, mine has moved slightly, VERY slightly.

Here's a weird one:

Shut off the car and let seat go back.
Get out, don't hit alarm.
Close door.
Reopen door.
Insert key, turn to on position with door open.
Turn key off and prepare for the worst skin-crawling seat motor burning noise you've ever heard.

This might not be the exact combo, but I'll post it next time it happens.

This procedure makes the car think the seat has moved forward, then tries to move it back more, a lot more!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

JC

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoh!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Never heard of that one before.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, mine moves probably 1/8 of an inch and it's really annoying. Gotta get that fixed along with the gas gauge and leaking differential. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
136 Posts
My 01 rocked noticably, my 99 FRC was solid as a rock. I lowered my 01, and to enter the car I let my but hit the back of the seat up high & slid down...... I'm going to teach myself not to do this in the '02 as I'm sure my ass was the problem!

Bob

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
All my Vette seats rock over time, it's funny though none of my other cars do that. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts

On 2001-08-12 07:55, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
...it's funny though none of my other cars do that.
Well Carl, I guess you need to start buying better cars /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Too bad your M car doesn't come with a Rocking Seat as standard equipment. But hey, what do you want for only 75K? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
183 Posts
my dads 95 vette seat rocks too and i didn't think this was a common problem till now. Is there any way to fix it or just live with it and not slam on the brakes as hard from now on /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedZ

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mine rocks. It doesn't rock when I'm driving. I guess because I'm not that heavy, only around 157 lbs. But, I had tried to push the head rest with my hand and I saw it rocks.

Had anyone tried to get it fix?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mine did.Early build. Fixed a couple of months ago. So far so good.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey the whole car ROCKS 12;42 @ 116.32....... But yes the seat has a very small clunking movement at times...Quite honestly the only thing about the car to nit pick.....Stage 3 head and cam on the way!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
get the service dept involved there is a fix for the rocking chair..your seat need not move at all!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

On 2001-08-13 09:13, Rapid spewed forth this drivel:
Mine did.Early build. Fixed a couple of months ago. So far so good.

Humm... early build -- that makes me wonder if GM has corrected this little problem on the assembley line yet with the 2002 models? We can only hope.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts