Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i installed 04 shocks on my 01 about 2-3 weeks ago and finally got the car alligned today. Took my car into a Goodyear store. Here is the before and after specs from the allignment and just wanted to see if this looks fine to all the Z06 guru's.

Before Allignment

After Allignment

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Here are the stock Z06 specs:
Front Individual Toe: +0.04 degree +/- 0.10 degree
Front Sum Toe: +0.08 degree +/- 0.20 degree
Front Individual Caster: +6.9 degree +/- 0.50 degree
Front Cross Caster: within +/- 0.25 degree
Front Individual Camber: -0.70 degree +/-0.50 degree
Front Cross Camber: within +/-0.25 degree
Rear Individual Toe: -0.01 degree +/- 0.10 degree
Rear Sum Toe: -0.02 degree +/- 0.20 degree
Rear Individual Camber: -0.68 degree +/- 0.50 degree
Rear Cross Camber: within +/- 0.50 degree

Overall I think your alignment is fine. It is very near the middle of the specs which is a decent street setup. The only issue I see, and it is very small, is the front cross caster is out of spec.

The caster is how far rearward the centerline of the front spindle is tilted (like the front fork on a bike). Higher caster tends to make the car want to run straighter more. The issue with having one side higher than the other, and hence the reason for a cross caster spec, is that one side will want to run straighter than the other. This is not an issue since your toe is near zero. You will likely never notice it. With a larger front toe and a large front caster mismatch, you can notice this under braking when one side will tend to dominate the other and may make the car a little darty under braking.

To give you a little comfort, I have run with higher cross caster mismatch than that on purpose on tracks that predominantly go one way (say CCW or CW) and I haven't noticed a pull or braking issue.

As a note for others, you can see how poor his before alignment was. Assuming they are correct, your LF actually had positive camber. Not good for handling and way out of spec. If that was a typo and it really was -1.3, it is still out of spec and much different than the other side's -0.8. Toe was way out as well which would've made your car pretty darty I'd think.

The stock concentric bolts can move... a good reason not to let your alignment go too long between checks. I mark and check mine after every track session. They move about 10% of the time. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I was hoping you comment on his alignment number. I've never seen a printout like that before. Very :coo:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts