Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this 8" tall antenna from Corvette Concepts today. The reception is still the same and it sure beats that 30" mast I was sporting before.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Tom:

Very nice! I think the shorter antenna gives the C5 a bad azz look. :)

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Tom,

Looks good.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
But Tom, :-? won't your beloved Z06 feel "inadequate" when parked next to another car with a "bigger" antenna? :p Just kidding, I like the look too but since I don't listen to the radio anyway, mine is completely off the car! Bill :D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Do you think Corvette Concepts would be interested in a group purchase ???

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I got a short antenna too. :)

Same reception... sportier look IMO.

It's also pretty cool to see the shape of the antenna after a run to 140 MPH! :cool: :z:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like the new one better. Bet you will get asked at least once by someone what the antenna is for since it doesn't look like a radio antenna.

On a different line but still regarding antennas (antenni? antennaes?):

Whatever happened to the antenna built into the window? Did it have bad reception? Too expensive? Won't work with modern defrosters?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Looks Great :)

I went one step further and had a retractable antenna from a convertible installed by Mr. Goodwrench :guiness:

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
291 Posts
Love your shorty! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I've never had a car with worse radio reception than my C5. Anyone else have that problem? The dealer tells me it's because the car is fiberglass.:(

Don't get me wrong I'm not going to let a little thing like that stop me from having another one. I always have my CD's.:D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Chevy couldn't put the antenna in the windshield due to the Z06 windshield made of thinner glass. I ordered my 8" antenna on monday. Hope to receive it soon. :D :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I like it.Anybody got the web page or phone number for Corvette Concepts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts