Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i always heard you do not have to with a vette. the guy that tuned my friends z06 said that you do have to reset it. well he did and now with 3:90s it says my he's doing 65mph in 6th at 2050 rpm.

·
Registered
265 Posts
30th T/A said:
i always heard you do not have to with a vette. the guy that tuned my friends z06 said that you do have to reset it. well he did and now with 3:90s it says my he's doing 65mph in 6th at 2050 rpm.
You must certaintly program it for the new gears

·
Registered
413 Posts
only have to program the A4 ... ZO6 does not require programing after gears...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anything that changes the ratio of RPM vs. distance moved forward will require a PCM setting change or the speedo will be off. This includes going from 18" rears to 19" or changing rear diff ratios.

John.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with DELLZ06. Why would it not need reprogramming??? If you are changing the gears or the size of the tire it needs a new recalibration, no doubt. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06-Dave said:
You must certaintly program it for the new gears
Not true

C5s speed is measured by the rotation of the output shaft. LS1 Edit Menu specifically says recal is not required when changing gear ratios. However, it is required when changing tire size. :cheers:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'll change my vote. IT L GO is right. The service manual shows the vehicle speed sensor mounting on the half shaft side on the differential. I can't address the automatic for sure. The transmission table shows a few tables that are dependent on vehicle speed, which would actually be different since the ratio between the VSS and the tranny would be different because the differential is between them (right?).

I have no clue how torque is calculated (whether integrated from the VSS alone, or some mixture of VSS and RPM). If the differential changes the torque calculation, the active handling stuff would need to be changed too.

Ultimately, I trust IT L GO alot more than my own ramblings (learned that the hard way with a wheel purchase).

John.

·
Registered
265 Posts
IT L GO said:
Not true

C5s speed is measured by the rotation of the output shaft. LS1 Edit Menu specifically says recal is not required when changing gear ratios. However, it is required when changing tire size. :cheers:
You must be correct, but I think I remember seeing a box on the Edit showing gear ratio, was that for something else? I've never used it, I just have a copy to see my tune...

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just found it, and I quote.....

"This is a Corvette, and has a unique Gear scaling algorithm. The VSS is driven off the Axle rather than the Driveshaft, so the Speedometer does not need rescaled when you change your gear ratios. This rescale will fix the TCC slip calculations"

Thanks for pointng me in the right direction IT L GO :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts