1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Its like butter!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't like it as it makes the shifter feel too loose and vague. I am going back to stock before the Road America event on Oct 15-16th.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Seems ok except for the CAGS shift while accelerating slowly in traffic. It kind of makes the shift stick because the mechanism doesn't line up with 4th now. I'm almost never affected by the 1 to 4 shift anyway.

Dog

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
What is it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
KCMAGS said:
:yeadog: What's not to like???
I dont like the fact that I put my name on some looooooooooooong drawn out laundry list of people waiting to get the inside scoop on this mod and i have no clue as to when i will be able to have this simple mod. :mah:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
stevep1794 said:
I dont like the fact that I put my name on some looooooooooooong drawn out laundry list of people waiting to get the inside scoop on this mod and i have no clue as to when i will be able to have this simple mod. :mah:
It was posted on the other thread when it became available, I amended the 1st post to reflect that and I even posted the intallation instructions.

There are still some available if you desire one.

Sorry for the mis communication.

Here is a link:

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84344

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input folks. My guess is the few that may not like it are probably very used to a stiff shifter which I am not.

I'm gonna go ahead and call in my order tomorrow. After all, if I don't like it all I have to do is remove it. $60 isn't going to kill any Corvette owner :D

Miguel

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I've been able to more and more miles on this car since I have the antivenom mod was installed..

I love it. Great mod! Cars just flat out easier to take the limit because its just flat out easier to drive.

I used to dig the slot and snick of the Z short throw shifter...

Now I've got the short throw shifts and even easier throws..

I'm glad I have had been able to put more miles on this new mod..cause tonight as I was driving I was without a doubt sure I'm glad I did this mod...

HTH anyone deciding on this mod as one mans personal opinion.

JB

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm getting under the car today after it warms up a bit. I'll be putting on the A&A rocker rails, and the shift mod plug. Couple of great, cheap mods I'm thinking...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
I just received mine and it might next weekend before I get around to doing the install. :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just got done installing the Antivenom shift mod, and A&A's frame savers/rocker rails. Love the latter, confused by the former. I could tell absolutely NO difference in the notchiness while shifting through the neutral gate. I do have a BPP shifter, but the feel is exactly like it was w/o the shift mod.WTF?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Observations after the Antivenom shift mod, on a car with a Ripper shifter shortened 1 inch.

1. Car is noticeably easier to shift, but not "buttery" or "1 finger" smooth as some folks have reported. This is likely due to Ripper shifter, which is inherently stiffer than stock.
2. Forward-aft notchiness is a LOT less, but not eliminated.
3. Centering effort now seems higher, likely because it is unchanged and now is higher in proportion to the forward-aft effort. Revised centering springs may be the answer to achieve a better balance.
4. Shifter seems to have "play" in any gear position i.e. you can wobble it a bit. You would expect this, since the stock detent with the ball bearing tends to lock the shifter in position. The Antivenom plug has no such detent bearing. If you put a little pressure on it while in gear, you can feel the driveline vibrations. Also, you can easily slip the transmission out of gear by applying a little forward pressure on the stick when decelerating (especially in 4th gear). No biggy, since these are not things you do in normal driving.
5. It is now easier to select 4th when you wanted 6th gear, due to the decreased effort. I have "adjusted" my wrist accordingly.
6. No increase in driveline noise.
7. All in all, a good improvement. Others may achieve a similar result with the shimming experiment discussed in other threads.

Observations after installing Redline D4ATF (transmission had 24000 miles on factory fluid).

1. Slight improvement in smoothness after 30 miles. More miles may be required, although I'm not sure why.
2. No increase in driveline noise.

Hope this helps.

Jacob

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great Mod

I installed my Antivenom shift mod this weekend. I added to the Hurst shifter with the heavy springs that I have been using a couple of years... I really like The change. Here's what I noticed.

I still have enough "notch" going into gear that I can easily tell where I am in shift pattern.

I do notice that engaging the gears is quicker .. previously I noticed a hesitation when I hit the next gear...no longer there. I think this mod will add some speed to my gear changes at the drags. :yeadog:

Not one finger shifting...but definitely a two finger shift now.

No change in centering...just like before.

I noticed I was grinning as a little wider when shifting. Stopped in the middle of the street several times just so I could run thru the gears again...

Silvertp gives the mod two :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts