Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Wise-A** answers please :eek::
I have the GM ZO6 Bra & according to the instruction booklet, so long as it stays dry, they say you can leave it on indefinitely. Kinda strange since I had the standard GM Bra on my "00 Coupe, & the instruction booklet advised NOT to leave it on for extended periods. Anyone know why??

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I don't wear one at all ! Not even on road trips :lol:

Rob :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
hmmmmmmm
just where is this going ?

lOL

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I can't comment on the text issue, but there's no harm in leaving it on for awhile as long as it's fitting properly, the underside is clean and it doesn't get wet. It's good to take it off and clean both the car and the underside of the mask periodically because dirt/sand will accumulate (particularly in the clasp area) and stuff can get underneath it. That's more of an issue with the Z style that has openings for the screens, and it's one reason some Z owners use the standard mask.

Otherwise, how often it depends on where you live and how you use the car. It's a good idea to take it off when you wash the car (although you can wash around it), so that's a reasonable period.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I leave it on between washes. I always Zaino the nose before putting the bra back on. And I wash the bra each time also.

Ms. Cathy removes her bra every night. She wanted us to know. :p

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
There are several reasons to take it off. You wouldnt believe the crap that can collect behind it. Dirt, scum, moisture, leaves, bugs, small rocks. Not to mention the UV rays not getting to the covered parts. Besides, I have never seen one yet that didnt rub somewhere against the paint, fender, bumper, etc. I was going to get one for my 04 but decided against it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Have it on for long road trips...and it's Sooo nice to take it off, love the all natural freedom without it...others do too :zboobie:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I put the clear bra on :thumb: , so I guess I leave mine on :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Bra? I thought our cars had big arses - not big boobs.. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
We use ours just on road trips.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have the GM Z06 Bra and leave it on unless it is raining or washing the car.

Been doing it for 16 months now and I have a perfect paint finish on the areas of the nose that it protects.

No other way for me! :usa:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
nutbush said:
There are several reasons to take it off. You wouldnt believe the crap that can collect behind it. Dirt, scum, moisture, leaves, bugs, small rocks. Not to mention the UV rays not getting to the covered parts. Besides, I have never seen one yet that didnt rub somewhere against the paint, fender, bumper, etc. I was going to get one for my 04 but decided against it. :cheers:
I know what you're saying, but on highway drives i think the bra is definitely the lesser of 2 evils. I've seen what the results of driving without one can look like!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I leave it on. I think you would do more damage taking it on and off. My paint is perfect under the bra.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts