Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching a local tv news station coverage of the Detroit Auto Show, while on the forum, and they just announced that Dodge has a V10 Viper engine powered pick up truck on display at the show. They claim 1/4 mile in less than 13.0 seconds, and it has a 6 speed floor shift along with Vipe disc brakes.

I will report more after visiting the show next week.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just saw a picture of it in the new Road & Track,looks like the PT Cruiser except for pickup bed think its the same one your talking about

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Not being a particular fan of trucks for anything other than utility ... All I can say is :puke:

Seems like lots of companies are trying for power and speed, but leave out the class.

Having said that I don't wish to be offensive to truck lovers everywhere, so please forgive me?!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dan

·
Registered
53 Posts
sigung86 said:
Not being a particular fan of trucks for anything other than utility ... All I can say is :puke:

Seems like lots of companies are trying for power and speed, but leave out the class.

So what do you think a Chevy Cyclone or GMC Typhoon is then?

·
Registered
215 Posts
:D Well I don't know about you guys but I definately like it :D

Gives me something to replace my Lightning with :cool:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
gwelland said:

So what do you think a Chevy Cyclone or GMC Typhoon is then?
Unless this is a trick question ... I assume they're are trucks??????

I won!!! I won!!! Where's my prize????:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gwelland... I'm sorry... I figured my silliness might be somewhat offensive to someone... I didn't mean it to be...:(

Just don't care for trucks.

Dan

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I can't stand the look of the new front end of those trucks!!! Looks like they want a piece of Fords lightening sales!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cancel my Lightning order, I want that fast puppy. Would make a great tow vehicle for my ZO6 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Bob

·
Registered
638 Posts
What did they do, put sand bags in the bed to get it to hook up?

Yah, those typhoons and cyclones are bad mama jama's. I like to find one, haven't seen one since Florida and that was 8 years ago.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.....with that much Torque and the light rearend, how can you get the damn thing to hook up?? Maybe they used hugh slicks and some other tricks!

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
362 Posts
02ZO6 said:
What did they do, put sand bags in the bed to get it to hook up?

Yah, those typhoons and cyclones are bad mama jama's. I like to find one, haven't seen one since Florida and that was 8 years ago.
Most Tyhones are parked due to the fact they are out of warrenty,the axles are not designed for full time 4 wheels drive--like 12-30,000 miles between new axles.And they never did run as quick as Buick GN's.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good God, a 5,000 pound truck doing the 1/4 in 12.9.:eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cool truck if the pricing is within reason..i like it over the Ford Lightning:cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Its unbelieveable that they would make a 12.9 second Truck. That is awesome. I have had 4 Syclones, still have one, and never thought I would see any production truck that fast. I love it. Would make a great tow vehicle for the Viper. Too bad I don't need one. hahaha

Here a shot of my sole survivor Syclone. I took it to the track last year. It is bone stock down to the factory air cleaner and tires. It ran a 13.5 at 98 mph.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I LIKE IT! :) While I wouldn't buy the Dodge, I do like the idea and it is a step in the right direction, although lagginf behind Ford and GM. If it were a retro version of an old '55 truck then I would be the first in line! One can only hope that someone builds a performance remake of those old trucks. Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think the trucks cool, I still don't like the 18 wheeler look of the Dodges. I think I'll keep my Lightning:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts