Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....want to beat on the climate control system in their Z with a hammer? I was trying to get the thing to just blow in air from the outside without air conditioning or heat and it took no less than 7 button presses for me to do it. Also, every time I actually want the air on, I want it to be exclusively in recirculated mode, so I set my temperature and press the recirculate button... But suddenly, when the interior of the car reaches the correct temperature, I'm greeted with a blast of stinky humid air because the darn thing has switched to outside air.

Just needed to vent a little.. The thing was driving me nuts today. :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
vant said:
Isn't technology wonderful? Keep the fancy thermostat, I'd be satisfied with a simple on/off switch. :ity:
My feelings exactly!
I'd just like to be able to turn of the fan to get some air flow. :flaming:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
z62jag said:
My feelings exactly!
I'd just like to be able to turn of the fan to get some air flow. :flaming:
Thats exactily what I was trying to do today. I turned on the fan, pressed the non-recirculated button, turned off the air conditioning, turned the temperature all the way down. and all the sudden the air turned on and it went back to recirc, and started only blowing air from the top vents (I was trying to get the top and the bottom vents). So I turned the air back off again, turned recirculated air off again and set it to blow out of the right vents again. And it finally stayed. I love technology, but this thing is counter intuitive. :bang:

·
21,398 Posts
I thought it was me. I always wondered if I'm too stupid to figure it out or it just doesn't like the "vent" mode. I feel better now! :lol:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don Benson said:
You need to add some sand fleas to your A/C system. :lol:

Don
Nah, sand fleas aren't the going to fix it. The problem with the climate control is probably caused by interference from negative ions generated by lunar radiation. :drunken:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
That was the only thing I never liked about my 02 Z, the climate control. Too complicated to do something as simple as providing heat or cooling.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup. Funny. Technology marches on... :screwy:

I had a last-generation (1990) 300ZX that had the "automatic climate control" thing, and it was just as infuriating and impenetrable. My other half's '03 Pathfinder has the same thing.

At least they had an ECON button, though - that would start up the blower fans without turning on the A/C compressor. Chevy forgot to put one of those in our Vettes.

I do like the spin dials for temperature control - the Nissans had up and down buttons that you had to press like a million times to move the temp up or down.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I feel the same way. I hate things that have been programmed to act like they know better than you (you stupid human). :lol:
Bring back the old individual controls for AC on/off, recirc/outside, hot/cold, and fan speed that are independent of each other.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Yep, the climate control system has a mind of it's own. I like to just roll the windows down whenever possible. It drives better too!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gotta love when you hit the A/C button to turn off the compressor, and it blinks at you like it's angry that you're attempting to turn it off and stays on :mah:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
just give me the old dial style. They worked best. You don't have to look down to see what setting you are looking for. But on the plus side...at least you are not driving a BMW with the "I-drive." I would have taken you 70 presses just to find the HVAC controls

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
fresh_Z06 said:
Gotta love when you hit the A/C button to turn off the compressor, and it blinks at you like it's angry that you're attempting to turn it off and stays on :mah:
Dave Hill's way of saying bite me.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Looking at the shop manual for the AC system on our cars gave me a beter understanding as to why the thing is so hard to use. Lots of sensors, for example: That red dome on the dash is a "sun load sensor". It's like they tried to bypass the most technologically advanced temperature sensor ever created... the human. A simple AC On/Off button would've been just fine with me. I know when I'm comfortable and when I'm not, then I just add a degree or two to make my wife happy. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
fresh_Z06 said:
Hahahaha so freakin' true... I just ignore it and use the auto function now.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Z06phile said:
A simple AC On/Off button would've been just fine with me. I know when I'm comfortable and when I'm not, then I just add a degree or two to make my wife happy. Y'all know what I'm talking about.
amen, bro.....sometimes the bells and whistles are not better

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I'm with you guys...I get nuts when I can't simply have some outside air circulate in the car without the A/C interfering. :mah:

SO...Can anyone tell me just HOW to set the controls so I can simply have the "VENT" working?

Charlie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts