Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a show last night called Unique Whips. They were modifying a C5 Convertible that belonged to basketball player Marcus Camby, with Lambo doors. It seems kind of hockey, but it would actually be beneficial because of the long doors.

Does anyone here have this conversion?

Sal

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
don't have the doors, but I've seen an infiniti G35 coupe with them. Honestly I'd spend the 3-5 grand on something more fun, be it sound related or performance related.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
There is someone here that has done the conversion but I cant recall his user name as it has been awhile since he posted about the conversion. doing a search may shed some light. I would like to see vette doors on a lambo :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I Have Done 2 Sets

We did a set for a customer who would not take no as an answer....He also did our Stage 2 twin turbo system.

I also did a set on a Show car.This was ok since it was not a daily driver.

If you put them on a daily drive be prepared for alot of adjustmanets on a weekend basis.

"YOU HAVE TO CUT THE FRONT EDGE OF THE DOOR OFF SO THAT IT WILL CLEAR THE FENDERS....IT IS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS"

Never ever do that to perfectly good doors.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
There is a local fella here in the South Bay area that has them on a silver coupe. I think he is active in Southwest Corvettes and on the other forum. I saw his ride last summer at Ruby's Diner during a cruise-in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw one last weekend @ our Corvette Club show. They looked different, for sure. The guy said he wouldn't do it again. It took him 18 hours..

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
'corvettespecialty'

Click on Lambo Doors

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
There was one at Carlisle last year. For a show car, it does give it a look, one that I don't like, but it is different. Far better ways to spend money than on this in my opinion. Good Luck.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TYERFRYER said:
You might just as well save a few bucks and buy a set of 24" spinners for it then put the lambo doors on after.
Unlike 24" spinners, the Lambo doors add function. For those of you with super large garages, I guess it's not a big deal, but I wouldn't mind having a door that swung up instead of out, so I could get in and out of the car in tight spaces.

Putting these type of doors on a Civic with short doors is just for show, but with a larger door, I can see the benefit.

If you have to radically change the car and if it doesn't hold it's alignment, it's next to useless for me.

Thanks everyone.

Sal

·
Registered
193 Posts
salvador said:
I watched a show last night called Unique Whips. They were modifying a C5 Convertible that belonged to basketball player Marcus Camby, with Lambo doors. It seems kind of hockey, but it would actually be beneficial because of the long doors.

Does anyone here have this conversion?

Sal
Unfortunately, the Hokeyness out-weights the function ;) .

·
Registered
165 Posts
a friend of mine is doing the lambo doors on his 02 coupe, he has had nothing but problemssince the original install and he runs a body shop up in Pacoima, CA. First of all the door sway in any kind of wind about 3 - 4 inches back and forth sideways and he has had to replace the door shocks 2 times already to keep the doors up. Acording to him, when they work, they work great though espically if you are over 6' tall, but vertical doors is revising the doors for better quality as we speak.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Those hinges cost way too much for what they are. I would not do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts