Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Was hoping to get some information on getting a Homelink (you know, the three-button garage door system) built into my Vette visor (or one that's already fabricated that way). Looking for something stealth, and am tired of having my bulky garage door opener hanging off my visor.

Thanks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey Kirk,

I looked around and couldn't find a homelink setup but there are a bunch of other options. There are a bunch of keychain remotes around the net, about the size of a keyless entry fob. There are also a few diff products for motorcycles that are pretty small. http://www.american-made.com/amstore/indash.htm This one looked pretty cool, easily hidden and the button could be mounted under the dash or seat.

If I stumble upon anything else cool, I'll post a link.

Good luck my friend!

Paul :z:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, folks.

(Who is "Ben Carr?" Looks like he's a member here. Is he still?) Ben, what is the price for this, and can you give some more info on it?

Thanks!

-Kirk

PS -- FUBU, isn't Carl out of the country or something right now? I'll try to give him a call... Thanks!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
FREEBIE !!!

New garage opener came with a free offer to get a small 3 button fob. Velcro'ed it to the left "a" pillar up high and otta sight.....looks good and works great and didn't cost me a dime;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had an email from him, but can't find it right now. I think he was charging close to $375with like a $75 core that you would get back when you sent him your old visor. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts