Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Z06 style wheel but not chrome.
For use on 2002 Z06 coming soon.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry IMA,
There are some Z06 factory wheels out there that have been chromed. I would like a factory Z06 wheel but polished and clear coated instead of chrome. I drive the car a few times in the winter and the salt does bad things to the chrome.
Z06 TPW 7-16
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
corvette dave

I remember a post awhile back, some company in NJ or LI does the polish job and coat on the wheels. I have to get back to you after some research. Perhaps another remembers!!!!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Corvette Dave,

Check with any local motorcycle clubs, they are really into polishing, i.e. frames, and rims.

Usually, a local shop does the polishing, it is don by hand; with an electric drill and then finished by hand. After that, it is clearcoated.

This procedure does not add weight to th wheels and actually reduces unsprung weight by a marginal number.

When finished, it looks like a mirror. It is a feast for the eyes.

Hope you find a good shop, and ask around in order to get a competent shop.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Frank, Ima, and Vpr.
Very good info.
Now if the Z would only get here.
Dave

J

·
0 Posts
109 dollars per wheel for high polish and clear coat..Lots awesome..for the centerplate.. you could contact Performance wheel outlet..they sell high polished repros but the center piece is all you want to match the wheel..Probably cheap..

Anyways..I was hot on doing this for a long while ..

Six different centers throughout the United States..check out the link.. www.fixrim.com

$109 per wheel high polished and clear coated. How could you go wrong..

Very sharp!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey, just found this ad in Corvette Fever, Performance Wheel Outlet in Ca. www.performancewheeloutlet.com
Have polished Z06 wheels! I want some too, tho want to make sure these are nice. Price is right, $253 front, $273 rear. Anyone heard of this company before?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts