Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
No Chrome for me

I personally like the Argent wheels on the yellow. I think the chrome look good on black, red, & blue. All the rest I like "non chrome wheels". ( But there are exceptions to all the above;) )

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My .02 worth, chrome is too "light" to get that nice contrast chrome gives you with a dark color (black, red, eb).
I'll keep my stockers;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think that chrome or polished aluminum look good on any car, but they look best on darker colors such as black and blue.

There are plenty of MY coupes and verts with polished aluminum and chrome and I think they look pretty good. Theres a few Z's on the Forum that have them. :)

I don't think you would be making a mistake going with chrome or polished on MY.

Mark

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I think ANY color Z06 would look better with "chromies" and I bet GM considered it until they discovered that the brake dust would make them a dull gray with 10 miles of driving! Big brakes yield big dust problem but I would rather clean dust off my wheels than blood off the interior! Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just put chrome repro Z06 wheels on mine and they are dazzling. I thought the stock grey was a little too dark-looking. Got mine from Xtreme Motorsports and the quality (and price) was right.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I think you could go either way with MY, but I would lean toward the stock rims. ;)

I'd toyed w/ Chromies on my Black '01 but do not want to give up the integrity of the stock rim, for a replica/reproduction? And how would you really know if you bought replicas or if the GM OEM stock rims were actualy dipped? :-?

Staying stock for now, may look at the HRE's someday.

:cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just picked up my ZO6 this weekend and just from the brief amount of easy driving I have done (100 miles), I have already cleaned just my rims 3 times because of the brake dust. I agree the chrome looks better when they're clean which would only be until you come to the first stop sign, but the stock rims will hide the dust much better. I'd say if you drive your car a lot and only wash it once every two weeks, stick with the stock rims. If you only drive your Z a couple times a week (no auto x-ing) go with the chromies.

Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
JMHO!!!

I drove boths Z's everyday with the stock OEM's for about 5 months, and the brake dust was aweful!! Had to clean them suckers everyday!! :(

Swiched to chromies, and not only are they easier to clean, but show brake dust less. :cool: Just sharing MY own experience with them!! :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Chromies on the Z06 = Retro!

A few days ago someone had a post about some polished wheels that would look great on any color. IMHO.

At 177 MPH who can tell?

:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've never seen a MY with the chromies, but did see one without, in person on a cloudy day. My first thought was it needed chromed wheels.

I thought the same thing on my TR Z06. I'm glad I did it.

It's really (your) personal opinion. Not anyone elses that matters.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you're only concern is the brake dust, use a different pad!!!!
Guess you have to decide if you want to stop fast or just look pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Does Millennium yellow look good with chromies?? Do bears shit in the woods??

MY looks good no matter what. I've seen one painted gloss black and it looked great. I could've had MY, but chickened out. Next one will definitely be MY though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts