Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so what do I need to get a print off of my speed, gear, rpm ect..

Reason why is because tonight I was coming home from hanging out with some friends and on the way home my friends decided to race. I was in front by about 100 yards rolling 45-50 in a 45 just cruising in 5th when one friend flys by me (02 Mustang GT), and the other hits the breaks hard (05 Mustang GT). My friend in the 02 runs and gets away so screw him going to court, my friend in the 05 stops and gets a ticket for Speed Contest which he admits being guilty of, I also get the same ticket but I wasn't in the race nor had I been over the speed limit.

From start up in the car I never had it over the speed limit all the way home. So can the computer prove this?

·
Registered
629 Posts
The only thing it records is how many miles it has been driven since it was last started, nothing about speed, rpm, etc.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The computer also tracks average speed. You can read this on the DIC. And the computer records highest-ever speed. My WindowValet will let you read it on the speedo with just a few convenient button presses (mine's 140MPH, BTW).

Neither of these would be useful in the case, above, though.

And the car doesn't know real-time. The only time that it "knows about" is time since the ignition was last turned on, and that gets reset when you turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sorry to hear. Let us know how you make out in court. Get a Lawyer :jawdrop:

Chrisrokc said:
If so what do I need to get a print off of my speed, gear, rpm ect..

Reason why is because tonight I was coming home from hanging out with some friends and on the way home my friends decided to race. I was in front by about 100 yards rolling 45-50 in a 45 just cruising in 5th when one friend flys by me (02 Mustang GT), and the other hits the breaks hard (05 Mustang GT). My friend in the 02 runs and gets away so screw him going to court, my friend in the 05 stops and gets a ticket for Speed Contest which he admits being guilty of, I also get the same ticket but I wasn't in the race nor had I been over the speed limit.

From start up in the car I never had it over the speed limit all the way home. So can the computer prove this?

·
Registered
236 Posts
It shows the highest speed ever driven in the car or from the last time the car was started.If so, How can I get this on the DIC?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
DA KAR said:
It shows the highest speed ever driven in the car or from the last time the car was started.If so, How can I get this on the DIC?
You can't. You need to buy the "Window Valet" from Top Down Tech. Then, with a few button pushes, you can display the top speed on the Speedo itself.

Many of the supporting vendors sell it.

It does other things as well, like turning on Reserve Accessory Power without needing the key, or rolling the windows all the way up or down with the key Fob. I like it because it turns the Reserve Accessory Power back on automatically when you open the door, so when I get out to pump gas my wife can still listen to the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts