Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a slight roughness in my Z when idling. When I open the hood, the engine shakes around a little. Is this normal, or does your engine idle smooth?:-?

Dave

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
2K2Z06 said:
Mine has a bit of a rough idle as well. Nothing too serious; feels like a bit of that long duration in the camshaft.
Is this not what new horses feel like?

I'll make no further comment for fear of irritating someone.

I suppose I come from a time and place where idle quality wasn't as important as WFO rpm's...

I figure a hiperf car idles good if it doesn't foul the plugs...

·
Registered
223 Posts
yep, occasional, slight, short duration, rough idle, shakes the car, all temps, steady @ 800 rpm, no difference if clutch in or out...just feels like the dawgs want let out

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Mine is also smooth normally, but after it has been run hard and long, it is a little rough. I would call it a loping roughness, a methodically, irregular idle. It eventually goes away after lower speed running.

Is yours anything like that?

·
Registered
340 Posts
according to the 2002 Corvette video its supposed to do that at idle (I think it was the 2nd clip that shows that)

Guys that video is too cool, I just have to say that again...all day during classes I was dreaming about changing the geares stepping on the pedal.....Wow I am craving now....Aslo I just wanted to say I got $1500 closer to my Z, I invested in AOL stock.....I am so pumped

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine runs rough...reaaaalllll rough at Idle....just like a good cam is supposed to.... :lol: I love it.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My 02 is a bit rough. Sounds from the posts like its more of an 02 thing than 01. Anyway, I like it. Reminds me of my old hotrods. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi All
At 1000 miles My 02 EBZ06 has a lope to it,nice! Great exhaust sound,smooth shifting and a great easy clutch.
My only concern is normal cruising DIC indicates 198 degree coolant temp.Could be thermostat on the high side?.My 99 always ran at 192 degrees.Any comments on temp ?
Ray T:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts