Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check the CF Mall. Z06 Blackwing is $255 plus shipping. I bit the bullet and have one on order; anyone else tried this on their Z?

Thanks.

------------------
jwight NCM #7711
2001 Z06, Millennium Yellow, fuzzy dice,radar detector
and Lloyd mats [B34,V49,DD0,AAB & 79U]
Kettering, OH
"385 hp - one camshaft"

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
jw,

Your order leaves today, thanks/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

The price is $255 with the couple for the '01s, with FREE shipping though...double /ubb/smilies/smile.gif /ubb/smilies/smile.gif

Install is very easy with no shroud cutting.

Thanks again!

RG

------------------

Click here for our Forum Store

[This message has been edited by RG in Dallas (edited 02-02-2001).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does the price include the necessary "bellows" required for Z06. How much extra for the Donaldson Cold Air Cover too?

------------------

·
Registered
764 Posts
JW,

Is the Blackwing unit different than the other Donaldson units that I have read posts about? Is this a newer design?

Let us know what you think about it after you get it.

------------------

Black/Black Z06
Xtreme Z06 rolled exhaust plate, GM bra (road trips only) and lots of Zaino.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RG's post above indicates it includes the couple (bellows?) for the '01 cars.

Check the Xtreme site for a cold air cover (from Breathless, I think).

------------------
jwight NCM #7711
2001 Z06, Millennium Yellow, fuzzy dice,radar detector
and Lloyd mats [B34,V49,DD0,AAB & 79U]
Kettering, OH
"385 hp - one camshaft"

·
Registered
391 Posts
In the Corvettemall the ad states 14 additional hp. Just from a filter? The stock one must be really holding the air back. Looks like good gains for a simple mod.

------------------
Z06,Red,Modified Red.Stock for now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
To answer questions, the Donaldson air filter now has a different part number for the Z06s/2001s. The kit for the Z06 does come with the bellows so no problem fitting it on your Z06s.
Dynos have shown 14-17 hp at the rear wheels with no cutting of your shroud. A cold air kit is available also for those who want to get the most from your Donaldson. the cost is very reasonable.
I personally run the Donaldson and cold air kit after trying all the kits available. I like my Donaldson!
By the way, check with me last for your best price if you are in the market for upgrades. FYIO, my prices everyday are usually lower than GPs elsewhere and great service to boot!

Nate

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Dynos on the Z06 aren't that high from what we have seen.

The alternative like a Vortex, is less expensive than buying the Donaldson and a Cold air cover for it. If you want cold air, get the Vortex, if you want the option to add it later, than go with a Blackwing and then get the cold air cover later.

ALso, when comparing pricing with anyone, Nate, us, or anyone else, make sure what is in the deal: any freebies like a california duster or a hood seal and free freight. Apples with apples as they say.

RG

877 966 8676
Exit28 Motorsports

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry guys, I felt I needed to reply to this post this since Xtreme is no longer run by RG and posts are referring to him as owner.
RG has a new company, Exit 28 Motorsports.
Please email me if you have any questions and thanks!
--------------------------------------------
I wanted to update everyone about Xtreme Motorsports and its status.
Xtreme Motorsports is now under its original ownership, Nate Caro. RG of Exit 28 Motorsports is no longer associated in any way with Xtreme Motorsports as of Feb. 1, 2001.
Any purchases or pending orders from July 1, 2000 thru Feb. 1, 2001, needs to be directed to Exit 28 Motorsports.
The website address for Xtreme Motorsports has not changed. However, phone numbers for Xtreme Motorsports have changed. The new numbers are:
ph 1-806-798-0246
ph 1-806 798-9837
fax 1-806-798-9981

As always, our customer service includes a knowledgeable staff of integrity with great pricing. Its what you have come to expect from [email protected]

------------------
Nate Caro
Xtreme Motorsports/ Corvette Garage
Xtreme Motorsports
1-806-798-0246
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Nate.

Matt, Chris, Tracy and I are still at the same numbers for anyone who has questions about any orders orginating in Dallas.

RG

Toll Free: 877 966 8676

------------------

www.exit28motorsports.com

Click here for our Product Line

NEW CONTACT INFO FOR RG:
[email protected]
(Toll Free) 1 877 966 8676

[This message has been edited by RG in Dallas (edited 02-23-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts