Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This intake came with an extension hose and two clamps of different sizes. To me it looks like one of the clamps is slightly too small.

It looks like you need to take the original clamp with the holes for the nipples off of the rubber assembly it came on, and put that clamp on the extension hose which fits on the air cleaner assembly.

Then cut off the nipples that fit on the black unit that was originally designed to fit on the air cleaner assembly to use the smaller clamp???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check out this thread:
http://www.z06vette.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=6149&forum=2&4

I think the SLP instructions explain removing the clamp from the adapter on the Blackwing, removing the adapter, installing the 2" hose, and then using the original clamp where the hose meets the Blackwing inlet. Hope that's not too confusing.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to follow up on my own message. You discard the collar that comes with the Blackwing, and just use the 2" rubber hose which costs $20 extra. I wonder if they lost any money there.

I also had to cut the inlet air temperature sensor post which holds it in position to get the thing to fit. That was no big deal. As one would expect, it doesn't fit quite as well as the original because of it different shape, but its fit is acceptable.

My homepage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts