Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..for the teaching year. My 4 month break begins tomorrow when I turn in my grades for the semester. I have a lot of little projects to undertake, and a few big ones if I choose to, but mostly I plan to enjoy life.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Steve:

Congrats..enjoy your summer. Anything new on getting your baby fixed?

Planning on going to any Vet shows?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zippy,

I stopped by the body shop today, and they told me there was absolutely no frame damage (an advantage of independent rear suspension).

Some of the parts are starting to flow in. an interesting thing - availability of rims is still a problem. They had to fax GM a picture of my damaged car and their detailed estimate to the insurance company showing the need to replace the rims, before GM would sell them the two rims I need.

I will be going to the Cruise In II (getting their on Friday and leaving Sunday morning after the picture). I presume I will have the car by then, if the wheels have arrived.
I got all of the Zaino stuff last fall, but it was too cold to do the car, and now that it will be in the 70's here on Sunday I have no car to Zaino. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congrats on finshing the year! Hope everything goes well with the repairs. I am sure we will meet at the Cruise In.

Mark

Black/Black Z06
Extreme Z06 Exhaust Plate

·
Registered
28 Posts
What do you teach? I have thought about going back to school for my Masters in teaching and certification. My brother is a teacher and I am SOOOOOOO jealous about his Summers off.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I teach federal income tax courses, a course in employee benefits and retirement planning, and this year a principles of accounting course at the undergraduate college level.

I haven't taught in the summer for many years and don't plan to unless the stock market completely disintegrates.

My homepage

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Steve:

I have read your background/credentials, and am impressed! My 2 most favorite subjects for discussion are Corvettes & the market!
My wife is retired from a non-profit corporation and I have 33 years seniority with a major heavy duty diesel engine manufacturer in the Detroit area. I would enjoy talking with you about our future financial plans/retirement, and how you may be able to help me make some important future decisions. I realize this forum is not the place for this, so I welcome any suggestions on where to go from here. BTW, I just turned 53, and plan on retiring after 55.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be going to the Cruise In II, even if my wife and I have to take our motorcycles. I hope my Z will be repaired by then. I am a little concerned about the wheels which are still in short supply despite statements to the contrary. We can talk then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts