Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just biggining to start to drive my car really hard and i just put in some DR's, im starting to get worried on how much my rear end can handle, and im even thinking of putting some ET street;s now i know i cant go balls out with those without breaking somthing. What do i have to do to be safe. what kind of rear end do i need and what are some of the precautions i need to take, and some pricing.

thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
Im just beginning to start to drive my car really hard and i just put in some DR's, im starting to get worried on how much my rear end can handle, and im even thinking of putting some ET street;s now i know i cant go balls out with those without breaking something. What do i have to do to be safe. what kind of rear end do i need and what are some of the precautions i need to take, and some pricing.

thanks.
r you using ET streets for street use??
you should change your output shaft and main shaft to begin with..
Probably the DTE stage 2 differential will be very useful plus the diff strut. you'll be looking at $1500+
it all depends on how hard you launch your car.. maybe you'll need to change almost every part

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
Im just biggining to start to drive my car really hard and i just put in some DR's, im starting to get worried on how much my rear end can handle, and im even thinking of putting some ET street;s now i know i cant go balls out with those without breaking somthing. What do i have to do to be safe. what kind of rear end do i need and what are some of the precautions i need to take, and some pricing.

thanks.
A lot of the answer depends on what hp your Z has. If you are stock (or near stock) you shouldn't have too much to worry about. The left half shaft (output shaft) is probably the most vunerable part of our cars when drag racing.
Believe it or not, If you go to ET Streets, you will actually put less stress on your diff than with DR's due to sidewall flex.

Once again, if you are running stock power, I don't think you've got a great deal to worry about unless you are really dumping hard out of the hole.

Mike

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I would agree with Mike, hardened shaft is about all you need. E/T Streets will help a great bit in not breaking anything.. Just remeber Don't do A Dry Burnout with them or you will break the rear. ALWAYS USE THE WATER BOX!!!!

Ernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts