Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Don't waste you time at Bill Heard Chevrolet in Sugar Land Texas

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jnation 
#1 ·
I went Corvette shopping with a friend today.

Bill Heard Chevrolet in Sugar Land Texas must think that idiots buy Corvettes. They had a 2002 MY Z06 for $20k over MSRP. Even the coupes had $10k over MSRP posted on the windows. However, they did say that they had a few 2001's that they could sell at MSRP. Wow what a deal!

When I told them about the discount I recieved on my Z06 from Rick at Maxie Price they told me that Maxie Price was making a mistake by discounting Corvettes so much. Then the salesman told me that they had no problem selling all 190 Corvettes that they got for 2001. I responded that if they discounted the cars they could sell a lot more. I mentioned that Maxie Price sells something like 750 Corvettes a year and then had to give him a simple business lesson explaining how selling 750 cars at a discount was a much better business move than only selling 190 at MSRP.

I sure hope he doesn't get a job at NASA cause he's definitely no rocket scientist...

#6 · (Edited)
those numbers are ridiculous!

I put my wife and I on a plane from DFW to Hotlanta for less than $300 for us both---Rick sent the limo---and I drove away with a 2002 Electron Blue Z06 for less than MSRP!!---When I showed my local dealer the numbers and asked for my check back (I put down 5K, but in Dallas he couldn't deliver until Dec)----anyway--when I showed my old dealer Rick's quote---he shook his head in disgust. I was being charged 2K OVER MSRP. My old dealer murmered to his colleague "How the fuck can these guys make a living by selling a Vette below price?"----

I can tell you my silly ass Dallas dealer----quantity plus quality service equals profit. Rick Daniel!----Put em' all outta business my friend!!! Let me know when the 50th Anniversary Vettes come in. This time I want to go by your house and at least get a sandwich before the wife and I hit the road! LOL;) For 2001 I bought my top salesperson a SUV---for 2002 it has to be a Vette. So Rick---I will be picking up 2 next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.