Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Put in a new console and a stereo system from Double D Mods yesterday....I took sick leave...felt a little scratch in the throat.:lol:

I got the modified console but kept the ashtray and 12v receptacle as I use it for my GPS...did not want to pay for NAV capability when I have a great one already that I only use on trips. Also, I ran the USB cable from stereo down to ashtray portal and that is where my thumbdrive sits and hides the cable when not being used when I close cover.

Also got the Pro Deluxe install kit...with upgraded mounting brackets for vertical and front to back adjustment...made it infinitely easier than original mounts.

Then the PEC-1 OEM cable harness to go from radio wires to harness and then to vehicle wiring. The splicing of the wires was trouble free and with a short call to Dennis to clear up a couple of questions I was on my way.

Required removal of the original mounting bracket inside dash...bending or removing two tabs at top in rear...and then start the fitment and plugging in and final wiring for stuff like parking wire, amp power, illumination, etc.

I think it came out pretty good for a rookie....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all...credit goes to all the prep work and sourcing done by Double D Mods (Dennis). Now his instructions are not 100% for my Kenwood as was done with a Sony...but a quick phone call to clear up two or three questions and I was on my way. Now that I have done one....helping someone else will be that much easier in my area. Thanks again for comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts