Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just flipping through the pages of my Car and Driver, and on page 80 it has Doug Rippi Motorsports, guys seems to be a Corvette etusiast. Then I remembered we have a member by the name of Rippied and remembering reading about his racing and I believe stripes on his car.......Is our Rippied the Doug Rippie from the magazine......If s congratulations on the article and the appearance in Car and Drivr, if not, your still cool

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The ripper factor

First I have dealt with and purchased products from Doug Rippie. His products are all race bred and race proven. He and his staff are very knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. I recommend them highly.

Secondly Doug and his staff have been racing Corvette's for many years. They have worked with Callaway on his cars and have supported World Challenge, Trans Am and SCCA Club racing Corvette's.

"Rippied " on this board is not Doug but Doug's shop did prep his car, hence the handle.

Hey, why read about them in Car and Driver? You can get many great leads from our now extensive "Links" page. And yes, Doug Rippie is in there along with many other fine tuners and parts suppliers for our fine automobiles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Vetteless:

The Rippied Z06 on our forum is not Doug Rippie as DJworm says, but a fellow who has had his car set up by DRM Motor Sports. This would be Ron, a frequent contributor to this forum.
My car is currently up there getting modded. They are a first class group, and very helpful.

DRM is also noted for his chassis work on the C5 and other Corvettes. If I needed my suspension set up, DRM would be my choice, as well.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Do you happen to have a link by chance? :cheers:

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read them in Car and Driver because I was waiting for my GF to pick me up to go to work this morning so I was justflipping through the pages and stumbled upon it.....Anyway where is this sectio your talking about, neer really noticed it

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
testing

·
Registered
332 Posts
Rippied.Z06 is a good friend and belongs to the same three clubs I do. His car has been worked on by Doug and has a large DRM logo on the side. Doug is a very knowledgable and neat guy to know. I plan an open house for our club at his place every spring and it is always interesting. His mechanics are great guys. They even do the cooking for the open house. This year it's my turn to get on his dyno! Doug is an unoffical member of our Minnesota Renegades. ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
Do you happen to have a link by chance? :cheers:

OK Z06_2002 what 'cha gonna get now:D

I smell another mod coming:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts