Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I owned my 2004 sonic blue mustang gt with Basani catback and x-pipe, accufab plenum and 70 mm tb, diablo sport predator programmer tune, FIPK2 k&Ncold air kit, 4.10's in the rear, Steeda Tri-axe shifter and Nitto drag radials on the back I raced a guy from my neighborhood in his 300z twin turbo with 7 piston brakes ( I think that is how you say it) boost controller lowered bad as- ride. Anyway he drove past me like I was on a tri cycle. Tonight we both got off at 9pm and headed home. Low and behold we run into each other on a main road. I see him and pull up to him in the Z06 and punch it. He looks over at me and said we can go if you want. We head to the interstate, he gets on it I get on it, in second gear we are even ( he is ahead of me and I am single file right behind him merging onto the highway). We stay exactly the same distance apart ( he is a head by 2 cars). We both keep on it, I am going into third. I am ever so slightly yanking on him. By the end of third I am now pulling up next to him to be side by side. AT this point he had to let off because there was a car ahead of us a bout a half mile in his lane. I keep on it (going about 130mph). He gets into my lane and I just keep pulling on him. I hit 159 and let off. He pulls up nest to me on the road leading to our neighborhood and we are laughing and talking. He said you should have kept going I was pulling on you. He said at 165 mph in his car he saw me brake a head and so he let off as well. Sweet revenge. I did pull 2 cars on him because I got even with him. Remember he was at least 2 cars ahead of me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, How sweet it is to rule the road again. THANKS GM FOR THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND DRIVEN!!! I must say though, that 300 z is just downright bad ass. I bet he has at least another 50k in that car on top of the price to buy it. I don't know the year but it is the older style with the flat back and sits real low. Great suspension too. :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice Kill, be safe ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He comes up to me and says we have to go again. I told him I am never going that fast on any road again!!!!!! He is the NUT. :rofl: He said he goes that fast all the time. I was a little scared but not like the last time I did 162 on the same stretch of road. Dr.Bigg has seen his share of nasty accidents and still cant refrain from racing, most of the time anyway. No more crazy races like that. If we go again it will be from a roll at 50 and through 100 mph thats it!!!!! Who ever is ahead at that time wins. MY WIFE SAID I HAVE TO GO GET THE INSURANCE THAT COVERS THE HOUSE IF I DIE. She begs me not to race. I am getting better at not doing it. I have to say though, THE MONKEY IS OFF MY BACK!!!! YEEEEEHHAAAAHH. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sometimes I feel like a nut...Sometimes I don't...Nice story...

Greg

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Maybe everyone here will pitch in for a commemorative brick for you when you waste yourself street racing. But who'll pitch in when you kill the 8 year old girl and her mom on the way home. Go ahead and see if you can live with that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
nutbush said:
Maybe everyone here will pitch in for a commemorative brick for you when you waste yourself street racing. But who'll pitch in when you kill the 8 year old girl and her mom on the way home. Go ahead and see if you can live with that.
:roll:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have to agree with nutbush. We can't be driving like that on public streets. I have been taking my car to the strip this year and I could not be happier. There is no BS at the strip, time slips don't tell lies, you can race anyone you want and it is safe!

A few months ago some jerk in a Stang all tricked out for drag racing came up next to me and wanted to race. I said NO, he would not give up - just kept dogging me for a mile or so.

Guess who I ran into at the strip a couple weeks ago? You guessed it. I kicked his ASS! Revenge was sweet. He asked me why I would not race him on the street and I said that I won't do it because it is idiotic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dr.Bigg said:
... Dr.Bigg has seen his share of nasty accidents and still cant refrain from racing, most of the time anyway.
Well, if you had seen an accident where one of your family members was involved in then you would think differently about this whole street racing thing Trust me on this.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Next time you think about street racing just think of how many wrecks you see in real racing.Even Micheal Scumacher wrecks cars.Did you know that speeding over 100mph is a felony?Take it to the track and the street becomes boring.160 mph legally is alot more fun and there are no minivans,kids,cell phones or cops to worry about.And best of all no excuses or :bs:
Confirmed track kills at Driving Events.
Ferrari 360 Stradale Challenge
Lotus Elise and Esprit
WRX STi
Mustang Cobra supercharged
BMWs M3,M5,328i,Z3,Z4
Audi A8 and TT
VW jetta and several others too lame to mention.
I go to DEs and arrange to meet on the track.It's a good way to find out how your car compares on all levels not just accelleration.I left all these cars on the track and came around behind them a couple of laps later.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was wondering do any of you smoke or consume alcohol???? I was also wondering have any of you that just busted my balls ever had a drink at your friends x-mas party and then got behind the wheel.???? Unless you live a perfect life stop lecturing. I am smart enough to know it is wrong. One more thing, have you ever gotten a speeding ticket????? I am sure the guys that said take it to the track have never done anything to endanger any innocent persons life. Of course they live everyday perfectly and by all the rules. I just really cant stand hippocrits. UNBELIEVEABLE! I will try to keep my inner deamons to myself. I am sorry I took a calculated risk the other night. I also track the car. I guess I get my fast driving in one way or the other. By the way I have lost family members to accidents. I lost a loved one to F ING DRUNK COMING HOME FROM HIS F-ING X-MAS PARTY. He wasn't speeding he just thought he could make it home. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dr. Bigg: Must feel really good to pull hard on that 300. They are very fast with a few bolt ons. I sold my 300ZXTT (stage [email protected] 16psi 93 octane) to a good friend to buy my ZO6. We still race all the time, and it is always close. I beat him 0 to ~125mph and then he reels me in until about 150mph. The last two times we ran, impossibly, nose to nose from 150 to ~179 mph. Great racing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry robz I am trying very hard to do the right thing. I passed on a street race with a Cobra yesterday. You guys would be proud. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Dr.Bigg said:
When I owned my 2004 sonic blue mustang gt with Basani catback and x-pipe, accufab plenum and 70 mm tb, diablo sport predator programmer tune, FIPK2 k&Ncold air kit, 4.10's in the rear, Steeda Tri-axe shifter and Nitto drag radials on the back I raced a guy from my neighborhood in his 300z twin turbo with 7 piston brakes ( I think that is how you say it) boost controller lowered bad as- ride. Anyway he drove past me like I was on a tri cycle. Tonight we both got off at 9pm and headed home. Low and behold we run into each other on a main road. I see him and pull up to him in the Z06 and punch it. He looks over at me and said we can go if you want. We head to the interstate, he gets on it I get on it, in second gear we are even ( he is ahead of me and I am single file right behind him merging onto the highway). We stay exactly the same distance apart ( he is a head by 2 cars). We both keep on it, I am going into third. I am ever so slightly yanking on him. By the end of third I am now pulling up next to him to be side by side. AT this point he had to let off because there was a car ahead of us a bout a half mile in his lane. I keep on it (going about 130mph). He gets into my lane and I just keep pulling on him. I hit 159 and let off. He pulls up nest to me on the road leading to our neighborhood and we are laughing and talking. He said you should have kept going I was pulling on you. He said at 165 mph in his car he saw me brake a head and so he let off as well. Sweet revenge. I did pull 2 cars on him because I got even with him. Remember he was at least 2 cars ahead of me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, How sweet it is to rule the road again. THANKS GM FOR THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND DRIVEN!!! I must say though, that 300 z is just downright bad ass. I bet he has at least another 50k in that car on top of the price to buy it. I don't know the year but it is the older style with the flat back and sits real low. Great suspension too. :jammin:
Excellent kill..too bad it wasn't a damned ///M3.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey im guilty of the same.Last night coming home a Benz SL65 AMG twin turbo pulls up on me,I was listening to some jazz just cruising at 65mph.I look over and this guys girl is really admiring my 2001 speedway white baby!He is right on my side for a good 5 miles. I decide to speed up a little and he comes along,next thing i know we take off,i run him until i hit 140mph // when my wifes voice inside my head says (stop it). that was one fast car let me tell you. My baby is stock but she kept up with him.I know highway racing is stupid and dangerous sometimes i just loose my mind ??Anyway i checked that car on the internet this morning Turns out its a V12 twin turbo 6.0L 604 hp @ 5500rpm Cost is $182,820 if i can keep up with him he better hope he never runs into my buddy Grim Reaper!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Corvette daryl were you side by side with this guy?? Those cars are very fast. Just wondering in case I actually have one pull up to me. NOT LIKE I WILL RUN HIM ( ROBZ)!!!!!! :rofl: Dr.Bigg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts