Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we just got back from BG, KY for the C5-6 bash and had a great time. Let me start by saying the temps went from 78 to 30's on Sunday and from sun to hurricane conditions in a matter of a few days. We were expecting some forum members to come by for the drag race test of the Vortex but no luck. We did however install many C5 and C6 systems for non members who then went to the track to click off 2 to 4 tenths quicker times. Track day was Saturday and we must have had about 50+ vettes show up including the new C6 Z06. Track prep was bad and conditions were 15 mph headwind. Our first run was 12.38 all motor with tires spinning off the line. ( 60ft 2.100 ) Next came the Z06 13.3, he missed a gear. Upset he came around for another run to clock in at 12.90's at 120 mph. I did not see it but I heard that he did do a best run of 12.2 We decided to go easy off the line for another pass of 11.60 @ 120 We came back around and tried to line up with the Z06 but looked like they did not want to, It would of been embarasing that the regular C6 smoke the new Z06. It was a wise decision for them not wanting to run against us. We went ahead for a last run, again easy off the line at 11.30 @ 126 mph. Since the track was not preped and knew that we would not get a record time we decided to call it a day and head back to our booth to finish packing to head back to Florida. By the way when we left we found out that we ran the fastest time for all the vettes at 11.30 and everyone was complaning of traction problems and slow times. Anyway it was a great event and we had a great time.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Breathless said:
By the way when we left we found out that we ran the fastest time for all the vettes at 11.30 and everyone was complaning of traction problems and slow times. Anyway it was a great event and we had a great time.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com
Congrats on the time Ernie! :thumb:

Beech Bend is always known for traction problems! :yeadog:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts