Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone!!

Last night was my 1st night out at the drag strip (Capitol Raceway Crofton, MD) with my new 01 Z06. Not too mention I have raced the quater mile thousands of time on bikes but never in a car. This is the 1st fast car I've ever owned. But I was satisfied with my first apperance. Suprisingly my 1st run was the best.

2.16 60ft
5.688 330ft
8.504 1/8th
10.86 1000ft
[email protected]

Bone Stock

I know I really have to learn how to drive this car. But I was happy getting into the 12's.

I made a few other runs two 12.9's and a 13.1 missing 2nd gear.
I had multiple runs at 114mph trap speeds the rest were 111 and 112mph.

My older brother ran a [email protected] in his 01 Camaro SS, with a LS1 Motorsports LID, no other mods.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
NormJack,

First off Welcome Aboard . Yes ya gotta get the car and driver as one. Keep it going as its called FUN................

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good run.

Now what you want to do is drive down to Maryland International Raceway this Sunday, Nov 4th and run the Z06 with a bunch of Corvette racers from the Corvette Forum.

MIR is at Budds Creek and isn't far from Upper Marlboro.

Here is a link to a thread that provides the details on the Sunday plan:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeropost?cmd=reply&id=1491016

I assure you that you'll do 12.6X or better at MIR, which is a much better track than Capitol Raceway. Plus the season is about over.

Ranger

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All!!!

I'm plannig on going to MIR tomorrow. I agree its a much better track. They show 1/8 mile mph at MIR, and its a much better prepped track.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All!!!

I'm plannig on going to MIR tomorrow. I agree its a much better track. They show 1/8 mile mph at MIR, and its a much better prepped track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts