Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....cooler air to get out and run some good numbers and do us proud? What set up do you have? What track do you go to? Any newly modified cars? What are you et goals?

Hopefully Ranger will get his c6Z06 this fall and go deep into the 11's bone stock.

I would like to get some more cam-only runs to see what I can run with powershifting but, I may have ported heads on the car before the cold weather sets in.

What about you?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think you already know what I want..

11.5Xs with colder temps, current mods, tune & t-stat...

Tracks.. Atco & E-Town
Current setup.. Nitto DRs, Catless LG Headers, Vararam (awaiting on Tune, and T-stat install)...

BTW.. I was checking out my November 2004 timeslips and the best I was able to muster up in 100% stock form was a 12.471 @ 112.77 (1.832 60')... Last weekend in that ridiculous heat, and with the headers, vararam and DRs I was able to drop down to a 11.997 @ 115.47, with a 1.772 60'... Not bad considering the weather.. Hopefully with a good launch, a good tune and the colder temps Ill be able to achieve my goal... :jammin:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey Rob,
I NOW have an RPS clutch & LT headers w/ hi-flow cats & a 160* tstat in place & a new tune. I look forward to racing in the fall, but will miss the summer. I race at Etown & Atco w/ you! LOL
Prior to these I was hoping for an [email protected] w/ a 1.5x 60' (w/ Vararam & tune only). I came close w/ bests of [email protected] & a 1.64 60'.
I now will change my goals to an optomistic [email protected]+ w/ a 1.5x 60'...
John, I wish you luck in your quest! You're asking a lot, but w/ more practice, you never know.
Ron

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Robz,

The best I have been able to run this summer is 11.3's.. that was at Cecil County 90's + Now cool temps I'm looking to run in the 10's, 10.8's 10.9's But i think somebody else will have to drive it.. :D

Tracks, MIR, Cecil County or Capital

Ernie

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will be heading down to the track (sac race way) this wensday to see what i can do with my new car (2000 frc h/c 403 rwhp) I hope i can get it into the 11's on street tires. I will be heading down there with a few friends and one of them has a 94 ZR1 It should be fun.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ernie King said:
Robz,

The best I have been able to run this summer is 11.3's.. that was at Cecil County 90's + Now cool temps I'm looking to run in the 10's, 10.8's 10.9's But i think somebody else will have to drive it.. :D

Tracks, MIR, Cecil County or Capital

Ernie
You'll get there. That makes about 4 cars that need to break into the 10's this fall. :yeadog: Cecil is the place to do it. We're gonna come down to cecil with a group of cars at least once this fall. We'll meet up with you, Ranger,Siska and whoever else wants to join.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jhong321 said:
I will be heading down to the track (sac race way) this wensday to see what i can do with my new car (2000 frc h/c 403 rwhp) I hope i can get it into the 11's on street tires. I will be heading down there with a few friends and one of them has a 94 ZR1 It should be fun.
Goodluck and keep us posted on results. It will be cool to track the progress of everyone trying to reach their goals and will be a good way of getting feedback from some good drivers.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I too am waiting for cooler air and lower d/a at Bandimere in Denver and PMI in Pueblo. Went to Bandimere for a test and tune in mid july and the d/a was 10,600, Couldn't get into the 11's at the fest either because of the temp and humidity
at Beech Bend, not sure, but the d/a that day had to be at least 4000',,,,12.11/119.7 on a shitty 2.0 short time, and couldn't get the Nitto D/R's to hook at all even at 17psi. I am not even thinking about going to the track again until September if it cools off, and if not, I'll wait till October.
I'll keep you all posted,,,,good luck everyone and be careful out there!

Jim

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Hoping for a little cooler air in the next few weeks myself. Went out a week ago Friday but could only get 10.8's. Having some 2nd gear problems that I have to get worked out.
The belt breakage problem that I had at the fest is fixed (I hope...no problems over the last 2 weeks, including the strip).
Still chasing those elusive 9's :(
10.2 is still my best. I'll figure it out eventually :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim Lembo said:
I too am waiting for cooler air and lower d/a at Bandimere in Denver and PMI in Pueblo. Went to Bandimere for a test and tune in mid july and the d/a was 10,600, Couldn't get into the 11's at the fest either because of the temp and humidity
at Beech Bend, not sure, but the d/a that day had to be at least 4000',,,,12.11/119.7 on a shitty 2.0 short time, and couldn't get the Nitto D/R's to hook at all even at 17psi. I am not even thinking about going to the track again until September if it cools off, and if not, I'll wait till October.
I'll keep you all posted,,,,good luck everyone and be careful out there!

Jim
Jim, I feel your pain racing in mile high air/elevation. The one consolation is that you live in God's country. Colorado is one of my favorite places. I have a mountain house in Conifer at 8600 ft. Great for living and activities just not racing!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Waiting for cooler weather most definitely, Rob. This weather is just depressing. I've had cnc heads on my car for 4 months and zero track trips. In fact, in all of 2005 I've made one single run (Feb 05). At least it was a good one with the cam only setup (11.28 at 122/1.51 60ft).

I'm shooting for 10.80s this fall.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rob,

I ran a best of 11.51 on DR's this summer. Lately I've sucked, its been so hot. But I got a set of ET' streets, I was hoping for high 11.3's...Now I'll never know, I bought a set of AFR heads, I'll be shooting for 10's too...
Still on stock clutch, the heads could spell disaster....
I beleive I'll be upgrading that really soon, but hope to get a few passes with the stocker, its only got 2,000 miles on it, never even the slightest slippage to date.

Dave

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I guess that goes without saying for me. :)

Faster than a 11.783 stock in my car, and shooting for mid to low 10's in Tommy's car, and see if I can get a ride in somone's C6Z06. :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
J-Rod said:
I guess that goes without saying for me. :)

Faster than a 11.783 stock in my car, and shooting for mid to low 10's in Tommy's car, and see if I can get a ride in somone's C6Z06. :)
J, is 10.63 the best for Tommy's car and is it still the same setup?(new cam ? etc..)

I hear ya, I would love to get about 5 passes in a c6Z.

I just noticed the stock record was on a 1.81 60' time. I know some of you guys have some mid to low 1.7x's with the stock f1's. So lets see if someone can pull off a 11.6x bone stock. :jammin:

·
Registered
242 Posts
REDGAR said:
Why wait? Bring that thing to the American Super Car Challenge race at Numidia Raceway www.numidiaraceway.com this weekend!!!
Chasing after good air to run lower ETs is fine, but what it comes down to is beating the other guy to the stripe in a heads-up race. That's what the American Super Car Challenge is all about. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EBZ06 said:
Chasing after good air to run lower ETs is fine, but what it comes down to is beating the other guy to the stripe in a heads-up race. That's what the American Super Car Challenge is all about. :cheers:
Now that you mentioned it;

I agree Jerry, that's why I am current involved in creating a heads up series at our local tracks. Shooting for 4x per year. The problem I have with many events is :

1) Using your brakes in a drag race. It should not be allowed IMO. This can happen in both brackets and heads up racing. One of my goals in our up and coming series is to figure out a way to eliminate this. Its not easy. Too many tricks. I like the simple heads up, first one to the line wins, no tricks, no sandbagging,etc... Especially when there is money involved I want the rules air-tight.

2) Levelling the playing field to make sure cars are evenly matched without putting restrictions like an index/handicap.
I would prefer to have a corvette event where the cars are matched by mods or power adders heads up, but there are too many variables and room for tricks and gray areas.

The goal is to have 3-4 indexes or classes and have the best driver win, with a nice payout. I have alot of ideas already. I will keep it very simple. I'll give more details later.

·
Registered
392 Posts
robz said:
Now that you mentioned it;

I agree Jerry, that's why I am current involved in creating a heads up series at our local tracks. Shooting for 4x per year. The problem I have with many events is :
Good for you Rob. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer for you.

Since you are talking in our area, try not to conflict Corvette Challenge dates so I can race too :jammin:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Rob,

I would also like to add cool temps is great, and i would love to find the day that happens, but you also have to run in all kinds of conditions.

That's what makes or break you, dial your car for a 85 or 90 degree day with 2900 to 3900 DA.. and run the numbers.

Like Edgar, let us know when you get something going..

Ernie

1 - 20 of 27 Posts