Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well......another fest come and gone.....was wonderin' exactly how well(or not) everyone ran. We had some prep this year....nobody took on the wall......and it was hotter than EVER!!! All in all....everybody did good, I think.

Please post some times and opinions.

I was able to pull a 11.41 and several other 11.5x, and 11.6x's and get some 1.6x short times. Don't think my 100 shot was workin, though. UNLESS it's only good for 8 hundreths of a second!!:roll: I could purge it just fine...it just didn't feel right. The dyno showed it added over 100 Hp and Tq on the curve, but WTF!! 2nd year in a row I wasn't able to get to right.:(

NEXT year!!! :sneaky:

-Tony

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah.....anyone know what happened with that grudge match with the H&C Z vs. the 427 TT??? :D

Maybe someone will post some video!:sneaky:

Thank you, Brian, for having the balls to drive that beast in the conditions we were in and at Beech Bend!!:yeadog:

BTW.....THANK GOD it was ONLY a 1/4 mile....4 more car lengths and he would've passed me like I never left!!! SERIOUS POWER!!!!!!!!!!:yeadog:

-Tony

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Well, another fest has come and gone and I still didn't get my Z into the 11's. The heat and humidity just killed it. I ran a couple of 12.11's at 119.69, and couldn't get my short times under 2.0 even with the Nitto D/R's... Close, but no cigar! :flaming: Casey and I had a great run though, as we were side by side all the way down the track! His 383 rocks!
Major props go out to Tony and Les for their great driving and great running cars. Very impressive guys, especially with the conditions we were faced with! All in all, I had a great time, and my love of drag racing is as strong as ever. Our cars are just so cool, as they do everything well, the DE, MM tour, the drags, then drive it home 1200+ miles and get almost 27mpg.
Just like a Timex, "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking". :lol:

:thumb: :thumb:

Jimbo

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Jim - that heat was murder on a NA motor, we all did well - and nobody kissed the wall - so life is good.

Les

Jim Lembo said:
Well, another fest has come and gone and I still didn't get my Z into the 11's. The heat and humidity just killed it. I ran a couple of 12.11's at 119.69, and couldn't get my short times under 2.0 even with the Nitto D/R's... Close, but no cigar! :flaming: Casey and I had a great run though, as we were side by side all the way down the track! His 383 rocks!
Major props go out to Tony and Les for their great driving and great running cars. Very impressive guys, especially with the conditions we were faced with! All in all, I had a great time, and my love of drag racing is as strong as ever. Our cars are just so cool, as they do everything well, the DE, MM tour, the drags, then drive it home 1200+ miles and get almost 27mpg.
Just like a Timex, "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking". :lol:

:thumb: :thumb:

Jimbo

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
I ran consistent 12.0-12.2s.
I basically just launched a few hundred RPM over idle and just granny shifted into 2nd gear.
I made 14 passes without shutting the car off, the coolant never got over 198.
My best pass was:

R/T... .095
60'... 2.083
330... 5.366
1/8... 7.984
MPH... 94.94
1000... 10.174
1/4... 12.020
MPH... 122.62

I also averaged 26 MPG for the whole trip. That's 500 miles up there, driving around town, auto-x, (16) 1/4 miles passes and driving back. The total trip was 1,200 miles.

At last year's Fest, my best was 12.98 @ 110MPH. Car was bone stock with the same F1s, so the stroker took nearly a second off my ET and put 12MPH on the top.

It was fun and I plan on seeing the 11s next year.

Tony, I can't remember what you ran last year. Wasn't it low 12s without n20?

·
Registered
385 Posts
holedgr said:
Oh yeah.....anyone know what happened with that grudge match with the H&C Z vs. the 427 TT??? :D

Maybe someone will post some video!:sneaky:

Thank you, Brian, for having the balls to drive that beast in the conditions we were in and at Beech Bend!!:yeadog:

BTW.....THANK GOD it was ONLY a 1/4 mile....4 more car lengths and he would've passed me like I never left!!! SERIOUS POWER!!!!!!!!!!:yeadog:

-Tony

ha ha Tony-we'll see next year.....car is at LPE now getting a gear change and hardened shafts.....

It was worth $50 to see you launch that thing so hard.

BTW-did anyone tape the "double or nothing" wager on the way back to the hotel? Highway roll on from third gear...

BTW-you still owe me $5. :lol:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Holedgr & Z06Les,

I have nice trphies for both of you Guys!! :thumb:

Please PM me both of your respected addresses so I can ship them out...

Congrats to both of you for some great times and driving!! :cheers:

Les :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts