Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing my first driving school next week at Summit Point, near DC. Driving there from NC (by the time I catch a plane, rent a car, and drive, it's about a wash on time). Options to drive are my C2500 with big motor, FlowMasters, real spare tire, etc. It's a nice ride that can run over retreads on the highway and never feel a thing. Or my TR 2003 Z. A little louder in the cabin, has to dodge retreads in the highway (is this just a southern thing, or are these things everywhere?), no spare tire, but a lot more fun to drive. Would you risk a long cross country on unknown roads in the Z? Or take the truck?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
take the z and keep a list of chevy dealers with you, you can also call the roadside assistance # if you run into problems. A blowout can happen 10 feet from your house just as easily as 1000 miles....

·
10,998 Posts
Consider going early and coming to the Z06Springfest here in Northern VA and meeting your fellow Z06vette.com bros. I am not far (relatively speaking) to Summit Point. Many of the attendees have run at Summit Point since that is local to us. Spend Sunday checking out DC. Just a thought for you :D I other people coming from as far as West Va and New York. You are wlecome.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77162

:z:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Panzer. My day is on Friday the 13th, I believe. Hope it's lucky. Your fest is this w/e, right?

·
10,998 Posts
Acroman said:
Thanks, Panzer. My day is on Friday the 13th, I believe. Hope it's lucky. Your fest is this w/e, right?
Yeah this Saturday coome on up anyway and recon the route :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing a Racing Adventures school. Was hopin to do it at VIR but no luck. I'll let everybody know how it went. Will be in Las Vegas this w/e, so no Corvette.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Come straight up 29N and catch 17N to 50W to Summit Point. Nice roads, don't speed on 29 or your travel costs may rise. ;)

Take the Z!!! :z:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts