Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took out my seats to fix the sliding (play) with the tracks. Fabricated spacers and everything works great. Put the seat back in. Now the seat goes forward when you push the button backwards and what really sucks is the auto exit feature of the seat moving backward by itself now pushes me into the dash and my knees just can't take it anymore. Can't figure out what I did wrong. Tried unhooking battery and checked seat power plug -can only put together one way. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
vince

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seat Problems

There is a feature in the DIC that allows you to turn off the seat auto return function. I think it is in the Options menu but I don't have the car or manual handy right now to confirm.

Can't help you regarding the seat working in the opposite direction from the intended direction.

Good Luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. But does anyone have any idea why the seat is going in a opposite direction from the way I push the button.
Thanks
vince

·
Registered
153 Posts
When you re-assembled the seat rail did the block attach at the same point on the rail?

Did the motor get turned (NB: may not be possible with the gearing) with the seat track disassembled?

There will be a position sensor which provides feedback of what it thinks the seat position is. If the actual seat position and where the sensor thinks it is gets out of sync that might happen. The reason is that the sensors often are capable of overturning back to the start if the mid position is not set correctly. This can lead to the sensor thinking you are at the end when you are actually at the start.

The above is entirely supposition but I have designed systems like this and that is a common problem once they are disassembled from the factory and not re-calibrated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts