Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my 01 Z the driver side view mirror is dark all the time. The photochromic function is broken. What is the resolution to this? Anyone? How much would it cost?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Obviously you have to replace the mirror. Buying the mirror online will be cheaper than directly from a dealership. I don't know how much they cost but it can't be cheap.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Should be able to get it from GM Parts Direct - a supporting vendor. Thay are usually 1/2 the dealer price. Would need to get a part #.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
mbarn said:
When i bought my 01 Z the driver side view mirror is dark all the time. The photochromic function is broken. What is the resolution to this? Anyone? How much would it cost?
Send a PM to Javelin on this in case he misses this thread. He had this problem.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I wonder if the dimming feature is applied when voltage is on. Logic says it is. I wonder if there is a connection issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im not sure which is damaged. Half of the mirror is clear and half is dark tinted. Im not sure if it is a connection issue or actually a broken mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts