Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys!

my dad and i recently bought a 2008 z06 corvette here in australia,

unfortunately to comply with laws ect here the car was converted to right hand drive :( ,

it was n exact mirror conversion.

Ok now down to my problem

recently the " theft system" light came on the dash, and now none of the drivers door controls will work , the drivers window wont go up or down and is stuck half way down , :gjob: lol..

has anyone had any issues like this ?

all it says in the manual about the light is to contact your dealer lol ..

well our nearest dealer is 5000 miles away :( FML . . lol

any help is apreciated!
the kangaroo is quite uncomfortable to get to work on ....

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
The wiring connector for the drivers door controller may have come loose

Maybe wiggle the wiring that goes through the door, or have to pull inner door trim off or
maybe the wiring at the other end to BCM has a problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help guys

ive replaced the battery in both FOB's :( with no result

where is the BCM located?

This just happened oneday, everything was working perfectly , then the battery went flat one day , and then this just happened.
cheers

all help apreciated :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new battery is fine

i cant re index themas neither window will go up or down :( from the drivers controlls NOTHING works not even the mirrors

any other tips ?

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
thanks for your help guys

ive replaced the battery in both FOB's :( with no result

where is the BCM located?

This just happened oneday, everything was working perfectly , then the battery went flat one day , and then this just happened.
cheers

all help apreciated :D
The, BCM, fuse panel and the GMLAN network is under the trap door in the passenger floor to firewall.
Being the whole door functions are not working has to be the door controller, wiring to it or fuse for that controller

If someone had a decent OBD scanner that can connect to any of the cars controllers you'd know in two minutes if the door controller is talking, if when pushing a door button you'd see on the scanner if the controller responds or not and would see any error codes related to that door's functions

First I would check fuse for that door and see if the wiring for that door is connected firmly to the GMLAN by BCM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys ,

thanks for th above help,

on the drivers door,

the controlls that work are . .. The door open button

But nothing else, they all light up , the passengers window goes up and down from the passengers side but thats it . can soneone take a picture of the door connector ?

ill also take off the door trim and have an inspection check all the connectors.

you guys have been a great help :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts