Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My z16 is coming up on a year old and has under 7k miles on it, yet the drivers seat is starting to look like an old woman's ass... anyone else's seat wearing out so early? is this something that can be replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think it can be covered under warranty. Mine started to come apart right after the warranty expired of course. I am not that impressed with the material in our seats. I hear the Vette Essentials stuff is great, but a little ???

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
My 2004 also has under 7K miles, and the drivers seat is looking bad. Ken King (VE) is making me new seats, so I'm not bitching. The stock leather is cheap stuff.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'll give the dealer a call and see what they'll do... I don't think they should look this bad after 7k miles. I've got more ass time in my x5 and the seats look showroom new.

·
Registered
881 Posts
My '02 has 7500 miles and the seat looks new. I am really careful how I get in it though...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The service manager at Paramus Chevy is going to take a look at it on Wednesday

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Drive from the passenger seat so you'll even out the wear.... :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
My X5 looks a lot worse than my Z06. Get's driven more, but has not held up all that well. BTW, what does an old woman's ass look like?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I try to wear sweat pants when I drive my Z-figure theres less wear and tear on the bottom of the seat.You can also use a small towel on the seat or have them recovered when they get really bad.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I keep it softened with conditioner about one a week and am careful getting in and out as mentioned. Guess it's a race car, and not a luxury model. :)

Bob

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GM customer service called me on Friday and they consider the seats as "wear items" so it's not covered for replacement. I guess having seats that wear out after 7k miles on a $50k car is "normal" for GM . I consider it complete :bs:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yeah basically the seats in the Z are crap.... Cheap leather and no support in them.

Chris

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
gresch said:
GM customer service called me on Friday and they consider the seats as "wear items" so it's not covered for replacement. I guess having seats that wear out after 7k miles on a $50k car is "normal" for GM . I consider it complete :bs:

I would appeal to the area service rep you have got nothing to lose...This is kinda distrssing to hear tho... :flaming: :flaming: How worn are seats supposed to be after 7 thousand miles :flaming: :flaming:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
I would appeal to the area service rep you have got nothing to lose...This is kinda distrssing to hear tho... :flaming: :flaming: How worn are seats supposed to be after 7 thousand miles :flaming: :flaming:

There is a new area service manager starting on May 1st, so I was advised to wait until mid may and see if i can get any help from him.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
They will not change or repair the seats. Becuase even if they did the seat will end up in the same condition in 7K miles again. There is nothing wrong with you or the seat, but there is defintley something wrong with the person who chose the seats for the Z becuase they are crap. I advise you to buy caravaggio race seats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
gresch said:
GM customer service called me on Friday and they consider the seats as "wear items" so it's not covered for replacement. I guess having seats that wear out after 7k miles on a $50k car is "normal" for GM .
I would agree that it's normal for GM. I have never heard anyone say that GM is a benchmark for interior quality, fit, materials, etc. I do hear that about Lexus, BMW, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, etc. Is this a surprise to anyone??

·
Registered
23 Posts
36K on mine and they still lok fine. As far as other cars go , I think there is a lot of the grass is greener going on. I have owned a couple of BMWs their interior always wore out , seen plenty of Lexus with worn out interiors. Only been in one Rolls, 70s model and yep the seats were worn out. Of cours atr 7k I would definetely complain.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just did the Sport Seat conversion (downgrade). The original leather has 11K miles on it and looks really good. If you are unable to resolve your issues with GM, perhaps we can work something out - this gives me some time to think about it as well :) If interested, I can send you photos.

Also, it should be notes that there is a lot of "Corinthian Leather" (vinyl) in our seats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts