Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so pissed! I got some piece of debris in between the window seal on the drivers side door and the glass and it put a 3" long scratch in the window. I tried to remove it and when I put the window down to look inside the window seal, it scratched my window again. Now I have 2 3" scratches. One of them is deep enough to catch my nail. Has anyone ever had this or heard of this happening before?

How would I go about getting this out? Can it be polished out or do I have to buy a new side window?

Bob

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I'm not sure if it will polish or not. I would go get a polish kit first before spending the money for a window.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Don't feel bad.. I did the same thing on mine....In fact I haven't had a car that I didn't scratch the sh$t out of the driversides window??? Friggen sand likes to get stuck in the weatherstriping:(

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didn't know that the window was that scratchable (! ?). I never heard of that before... hmmm!

- Carter :-?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same thing happened to me within the first couple of weeks that I had my 02. I was able to get the dealer to replace the window.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same thing happened to me within the first couple of weeks that I had my 02. I was able to get the dealer to replace the window.
How did you do that? How did you get the dealer to replace it? I do think it's rediculous that the side window would scratch like that. I've never heard of or seen anything like it.

BTW.. Are the side windows also a different type (lighter) than the C5 or is it just the windshield and back window?

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts