Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is completely stock and I have never raced it or any other car on a road course. I want to find a school in Florida where I can learn from scratch with my car. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I-75 Southbound, outside Tampa International Airport, at rush hour.....Two hand steering, use mirrors often...and your in! :jawdrop:

Other than that, I don't know....Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
FL Bowtie said:
My car is completely stock and I have never raced it or any other car on a road course. I want to find a school in Florida where I can learn from scratch with my car. Any recommendations?

PBOC (Porsche BMW Owner Club) - allows other marques - combines Drivers Ed track days (with Instruction) with their Porsche/BMW racing - great weekends

Chin Motorsports

PCA (Porsche Club of America) - Suncoast Region, Gold Coast Region (south and central florida)

BMWCCA (BMW Car Club of America)

There are probably tons of others, but the best place to find a track event near you is Coco's Trackschedule website. It lists all registered events by date, by track, with contact info for each club.
www.trackschedule.com

·
Registered
353 Posts
there is a guy who lives in miramar florida who has a driving school with corvettes. i believe he tought all the people for the 2fast2ferious movie. i cant remember the name but a quick search will find him.

·
Registered
74 Posts
EDONIS001 said:
there is a guy who lives in miramar florida who has a driving school with corvettes. i believe he tought all the people for the 2fast2ferious movie. i cant remember the name but a quick search will find him.
His name is Henry Gilbert and his company is Sports Car Driving Experience. Here's the link: www.sportscardrivingexperience.com

Phone # 866-376-8021

Henry is a heckuva a nice guy. And he can drive the wheels off of a car!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Henry is also a movie stuntman. :coo: One heck of a driver, watched him race the Porsche and the Vette at Moroso a few times. Treats the crew very well, along with those they invite to watch from the pits. I don't know jack about roadracing. He was in full gear waiting to make the driver change and had a whole conversation with me about the course and what his car was doing and how he would have to adjust his style for the duration of his time behind the wheel.:yeadog:
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts