Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Dan,

Strangely enough, I remember someone on the z06vette.com mentioning he was switching to tennis shoes because the Z06 is setup for heel & toe! I read that within the past week. Try scanning on heel and toe or driving shoes. No Blue bomber yet?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Stroud Safety Equipment in Oklahoma City.

http://www.stroudsafety.com

Good equipment, low prices for the quality. I have a custom fire suit, shoes, gloves and 5 point harness from them.

Carl

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Dan,
That was the reason why that person was switching to tennis shoes. A better feel. But hey, you've got enough toys. give the driving shoes a shot. :cheers: Hell, buy em both! :-D Let us know what works best for you.

Dave

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
R shoes

Try Simpson or Sparco, many different styles. Many good distributors, OG Racing and Northwoods Motorsports come to mind, also IO Port Racing on the west coast. Racers Wholesale has a good web site.

I've occasionally forgot my R shoes at local autoX. I found that worn out boat shoes with thin soles are almost as good as R shoes and better than sneakers. I've found that sneaker soles are sometimes to bulky on the sides and actually catch pedals etc.

And a safety note...heaven forbid a fire.. either in the car or a flaming pool of fluids you may have to run thru. Nylon sneakers will melt in 2 seconds!!!! Leather will shrink but will protect you almost as well as nomex.

Thats why I never wear panty hose while flying!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
You will probably find that racing shoes with their narrow soles are too narrow to get good heel and toe capability on a production car such as the Z06. Try before you buy if you can.

Another alternative (for track days, not for racing) is wrestling shoes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a much better feel for the gas pedal with my western style lizard skin boots ( the only dress shoes I own!! ) than my casual wear tennis shoes. The tenny shoes catch the tunnel too much and thus keeps me from being as smooth with the throttle. I would have guessed prior to the vehicle purchase that the opposite would be true.

GOLD72

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've worn Simpson for years, you have to get used to them due to the narrow soles, but when you do the feel is really good. I carry mine and switch to them while driving all the time due to the feel that you get.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Clarabell's clodhopper's

DJWorm said:
The Viper has been discribed as resembling a clown shoe when viewed from above
Ahh, capisco. Grazie. :D

ChrisG

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a pair of Piloti driving shoes that I got when living in Europe, I believe that Mid America sells them. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The question here is, Are you going to use them for racing or for better feel while everyday driving?

If for everyday use, try a pair of Ralph Lauren or some sort of Italian shoe, they are made of leather and are slip-on with rubber soles. These shoes are extremely comfortable and of excellent quality. Try Battaglia.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.