Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
driving w/tract.not connected to harness

can I test drive my Z06 w/the traction control module DISCONNECTED FROM HARNESS so I can test the ripper after install.
Meaning not completely close up the console AND RECONNECT EVERYTHING which means no harness connectors will be plugged in.

Or perhaps I can just plug the harness for the air bag and traction cntrl, back into the plate and let it just sit there (or dangle) ( now remember the gas cap release harness will not be plugged in nor the 2 lighter plugs.) So I can test drive w/out setting off any codes.

If codes should come uphow would I know. To reprogram them do I have to make a trip to the dealer ,if so untill I get there will it screw anything up.
or should I just reassemble everything and reconnect everything then test drive?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yeah, if you want to disable the active handlin/traction control, just hit the button. :-? :eek:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle of getting wierd codes popping up trying to drive it without the module plugged in. I Did my Ripper yesterday and just put it all back together before the test. the only thing you may have to re-do is the knob installation since this is where all of the noise comes from

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize that you just hit the button but everything is diconnected .

Did you red my post correctly??:-?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Re: driving w/tract.not connected to harness

z-u-later said:
or should I just reassemble everything and reconnect everything then test drive? [/B]
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Put it back together

Really no advantage to leaving everything off. There is nothing to adjust, and if you want to drive it first to see if you like it, you really need to drive it for a few days before you feel "at home" with the new shifter. And after that, if you don't like it, its only 10 minutes to get back to where you are right now. ( Your going to love it. WAY BETTER!) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts