Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got a chance to take some pix of the Hood & post them. This is the hood that "was" on NO MERCY's car (Literally) before he changed to the Carravagio stuff. Thx Bill. I had it painted & mounted about 2 weeks ago. The hood has been tested to over 190+, according to DRM. (we'll test that, shortly. hehehe)
It is functional. When I'm sitting at a stop light, you can actually see the heat billowing out of the vents. Pretty cool. I have noticed that under hood temps are significantly reduced. The fit is pretty good. I've got a few adjustments to make, but nothing major. I've included some pix... check it out.
I also installed T1 Sway Bars that I had Powder Coated Red. I will post pix of them shortly.

·
Registered
638 Posts
DV that hood is sweet, I just may look into that. I wanted to keep the exterior rather stock, but I am seeing some pretty trick stuff lately.:cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
A "wicked" looking car....very Nasty". :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Darth, hood looks great!! Where does the water go when it rains?

Is thier a huge difference with the T1 suspension? Where does it make the difference over the stock?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Darth, DRM's hood on your car looks way cool. :cheers: The water drains into the engine bay, but not on any electonics or intakes. There are plugs available for the holes if one is so inclined. Like Darth said, this hood is functional and you can see the heat escaping. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't usually drive the car in the rain, but water would drain onto the cowl( on the rear vents) & onto the radiatior shroud( Frt vents). The main difference I have seen with the T1's is that, there is a "little" more understeer, but once you dive into a turn, it is more solid than the stock sway bars. I am going to get some skid pad #'s when I can.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Darth, That hood looks killer. I installed the hole T1 kit last week including the Sachs shocks. I havnt had a change to road test it yet though.:cool:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Vetter........YOU SUCK........See what ya went and did!.........Now I have to go and get one.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Very cool look!

- Charley

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Darth,

Looks good. I'd like to catch up with you somewhere sometime and check out the brakes and the hood.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Your ride is as good as it gets! Very Freeking Nice!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx again guys, JROD if you are in the area & get a chance, come by & check out the new shop. I'll take you for a spin. Give me a call at 281-821-3559.

HOUSE OF SPEED
"Make Power...Not Excuses"

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts