Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per my post regarding my high oil temps at the track, I am getting ready to order a radiator with integral oil cooler. The question is, LG or DRM?

Is one better than the other?

DRM took a long time to get my tranny cooler to me and the instructions were pretty lame. The DRM brake ducts did not come with instructions, and from what I understand the instructions aren't worth much anyway. With that experience with DRM I'm not too eager to buy a radiator from them unless its better than the LG unit for some reason.

Also, can anyone tell me how long it took them to do such an install. Is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
IndyDave said:
Per my post regarding my high oil temps at the track, I am getting ready to order a radiator with integral oil cooler. The question is, LG or DRM?

DRM took a long time to get my tranny cooler to me and the instructions were pretty lame. The DRM brake ducts did not come with instructions, and from what I understand the instructions aren't worth much anyway. With that experience with DRM I'm not too eager to buy a radiator from them unless its better than the LG unit for some reason.

Also, can anyone tell me how long it took them to do such an install. Is it pretty straight forward?

I have the DRM Ron Davis w/ oil cooler. It works well, looks great and my average oil temps are around 190-200 day on a hot day under normal driving conditions in traffic. Will run no more than 220 degrees when run hard on a race track.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The DRM radiator does require some cutting of the stock mounting frame but otherwise the install is straightforward and the directions were thorough...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi,
our Super Cool Radiator has the oil cooler fully welded in the right tank. this avoids any issues later on with "O" ring seals that the bolted type require.

We have the oil block that allows for the lines to come off the filter area also.

Feel free to call me direct if I can answer any questions.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

·
Registered
744 Posts
IndyDave said:

You are right about DRM instructions. I posted my own instructions (on both tranny and oil coolers) to save others time and effort. However, I did the separate engine oil cooler, not the integral. The separate cooler is a lot less $$. I don't personally see the need for the integral. The separate cooler could take 3-4 hours if you follow my instructions. If you learn like I did, on your own, it could take you a full day.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The C5R used the Ron Davis radiator/oil cooler. This is the radiator/oil cooler I have.

I am not sure abou the C6R. I know the area is smaller.

However, that does not mean it is better or worse than LG's.

Lou is good engineer and I am certain that his is very effective as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts