Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved word that my car is back together and will go in for ECM programming tomorrow at DRM Motorsports. Dyno #s will then be forthcoming. Sure there may be some tweaking and re-testing necessary.

I am hoping for between 410 and 420 RHWP. Should be back in the garage by the end of the month. Then it gets to sit for the rest of the winter...if I can maintain the will power. :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
420 HP

Wouldn't that be nice. Sure going to be hard to leave it parked! ;)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Looking forward to all the details Dennis. I watched a Hennesey Venom 500 Viper on the dyno last saturday and it only made 404 RWHP.

Your car should be a rocket.

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frank: I was in your neck of the woods last Sunday Night (Centralia IL.)

Pat: Funny you should mention the snake, because I have a business associate in Des Moines Ia. with a 99 RT10 (K&N with smooth tubes) laying down the smack to me since he found out I have a Z06. He wants to run at a local airport. He is has also invited a GTS and a Lambo, so it should be a blast. I'am not real happy about driving al the way to DesMoines, but it wil be worth it to shut him down. Not sure about the Lambo, however. He figures we will be even HP wise, so it will driver against driver. In that case, he should lose. :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Dennis:

Way to go! I've always been impressed with Doug Rippie. Congrats on getting your car Rippied!

Zip :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Good news Dennis! :cool:

You are gonna have to let us all know the first time you weaken and slip out to the garage, pull out the key, turn 'er over and blast out of the garage!!
:sneaky: :yeadog: :cheers:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Dennis, you'll love the changes. :D Are your new valves bigger in diameter than the stock valves? If you don't make your hp goal on DRM's dyno, just put it on a Mustang dyno and you'll get there easy. :eek:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ron:

Yes, they should be installing slightly larger S/S valves, per Tim of DRM. He told me that they sent the heads out to be "blended", which I assume is CNC'd and polished.

The car gets fired up tomorrow, and they are doing the ECM programming, and next week it gets dyno'd, so I will see where it's at. I know the DRM dyno is conservative, so the #s will be righteous. I went with the Donaldson, per your suggestion, and scrapped the KN with modified lid, which I had. Don't think keeping the stock exhaust will hurt me, because the pup cats are gone because of the LT headers.

If my DRM #s are close to yours we should be ok with the snakes. Want to drive down to Des Moines this spring? :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts