Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car finally went on the dyno Tuesday at DRM Motorsports.

Our own Rippied Z06 was on hand to witness the first low RPM pulls. They are in the process of sorting it out this week. The engine has a slightly different cam than Ron's car has.

Initial HP was 392.8 rwhp, (462HP Crank) down a bit from Ron's first pulls (engine only has 4200 miles on the clock). They feel there is a bit more to be had with some more fine tuning. We will see. I want to thank Ron again for "being there".

The DRM dyno is VERY conservative, so Ron tells me. :lol:

·
Registered
469 Posts
dennis

that dyno must be real conservative.......my car is at 392 rwhp before cam, heads, and headers... my mods are below....
good luck ...you might need some pcm tuning..... keep us updated... ill let you know how i make out ,my car will be done in 2 weeks...

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Brent, I just noticed your sig. and I am impressed, to say the least, by your 120+ trap speed. Was that made with just the mods you listed at a drag strip? If so, that car of yours is f$%"n amazing and your driving is unequalled by us mere mortals. :cheers:

·
Registered
469 Posts
rippied.....

yeah just the mods in sig..11.80 120.8 mph the funny thing is that my 60 ft was a 1.85 i just ordered et streets hope to get a 1.55 60 ft that should get me to 11.3-4 range....then the head cam headers too.....well 10.s here i come...
i have my roll bar in and ready... now i need a 5 pt. harness and fire jacket any suggestions where to get a good deal on those?????

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Brent, you should pull that engine and check to see if GM gave you a C5R 427 by mistake. :eek: Congrats!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dennis Jurs said:
My car finally went on the dyno Tuesday at DRM Motorsports.

Our own Rippied Z06 was on hand to witness the first low RPM pulls. They are in the process of sorting it out this week. The engine has a slightly different cam than Ron's car has.

Initial HP was 392.8 rwhp, (462HP Crank) down a bit from Ron's first pulls (engine only has 4200 miles on the clock). They feel there is a bit more to be had with some more fine tuning. We will see. I want to thank Ron again for "being there".

The DRM dyno is VERY conservative, so Ron tells me. :lol:
Dennis,

I just have to ask, as I just Dyno'ed this past weekend, what factor are you using to go from RWHP to FWHP? My bone stock Z06 pulled 356.3 at the rears, which converted to 405 using .88 for the driveline loss? Did I do something wrong here. :-? :-?

Joe :D :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hey Dennis. You got to be happy with those figures:D . ALMOST 400HP to the rear wheels. Great motivation for us 01 guys:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Brent. Where are you running? Englishtown? Great times:eek:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brent:

Those HP#s on your car are amazing, given the mods you have. What kind of dyno did you run it on? :eek:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DRM Z06 Update #2

Just received word this AM from DRM that a new ECM program has produced another 4rwhp. They are now looking at a new style modified throttle body to see what it can do. If it produces positive #s we may keep it.

Also think the stock pipes are costing some HP, so they are looking to add an 02 set up if they have one around (I like the Ti-system's light weight, and the 02's sound level, better than mine anyway)

We are gaining on it in any case, 396 rwhp at present going for more. BTW, the more important figure (torque) is 445 ft lbs. or 378 ft lbs. at the rear. :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sylck14: Ron is correct. The generally accepted factor on the C5 is .85 or about a 15% driveline loss. Your numbers look to be right about on for an 02. Based on what I've seen the 02s are a tad under rated, like the 01s were. Most seem to be making about 355 to 360 rwhp

brent: did you happen to dyno your car before the mods? I would be curious to know what is was stock. You seem to have a screamer there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey dennis.... no i never dynoed the car prior to any mods however everyone i talked to says stock is 350-355 rwhp stock...
dennis do you have the specs..on your cam???? and heads??
thanks...

yeah i was very suprized with my numbers .....i dont even have headers......well now i do ...kinda...there being put on today...

G

·
Doug Rippie Motorsports now has our T-1 Intake

We just sent a T-1 Intake last week for a 427 Doug is building. You might want to try it out, if they haven't already done so. Doug wants to verify our dyno numbers beforehand.

We dynoed our 2002 at 381.2 With our T-1 Package and bone stock exhaust.

Three days later at 384.3 with the B&B Headers.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
brent:

no specs yet. the car is still up there being tweeked. They are installing a new ported TB and want to see what it gives us. She's making aroung 400rwhp, but they think there is more to be had, especially since my pipes are stock. I may have to relent and cash in the stock pipes.

will provide more data when it becomes available. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jim:

Thanks for the info. I will contact them about that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts