Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I dropped off my Z at 21st Century Muscle Cars on Friday. I felt a little apprehensive about taking a perfectly good car in for a motor swap, but after seeing and riding in Andy’s 427 Z, those thoughts were blown out of my head! I know my “little 383” won’t be quite as strong, but if it’s anywhere near that kind of thrust it will be plenty. The LPE 383 I’m getting made 544 BHP with a FAST 90mm intake and TB. They’ll be installing a TRAP, Kook’s 1 7/8” LTs and a ASP underdrive pulley. A new ’02 Z clutch, flywheel and a LS2 slave cylinder is going in too. This set-up should make 460- 475 WHP. I got to meet fellow member “Chris310P” and his wife. They’re super nice folks! I thought I had a sickness! Chris has a 427 Z, a sportbike and he jumps out of planes! I’m with him on the first two, but damn! I guess he just needs a little more adrenalin than I do.
BTW, everybody at the shop is friendly and very knowledgeable about these cars. I feel like it’s in good hands.

Here’s some pics:

Chris is on the left and I'm on the right:

The Z:

The 383:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Way to go Dan!!
You picked a great tuner!!
You'll have to line up against Case2307 at the Fest. He just got an MTI 383!!
It won't be as quick as the crotch rockets you are used to but the difference from the stock Z will be awesome!

Ken

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Congrats! :cheers: Now you'll start day dreaming about how she's gonna run. The anticipation is the hardest part. It'll be worth the wait!!

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kens06 said:
Way to go Dan!!
You picked a great tuner!!
You'll have to line up against Case2307 at the Fest. He just got an MTI 383!!
It won't be as quick as the crotch rockets you are used to but the difference from the stock Z will be awesome!

Ken
Hey Ken! I'm pretty excited about it :yeadog: A run against Case would be cool. If he's as good a driver as I am, we'll be able to run mid 17s no prob :lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on your upcoming project. Is your 383 going to be a stroker motor or an all Bore 383? :cheers:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris310P said:
Great meeting you Dan... You picked a good shop! Pat made it to the ground safe today after his skydive so I guess he will be working on your car. I will get some pics of it apart when I get by the shop..

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77766

Chris
Nice meeting you too bro! I'm glad you didn't kill Pat. Y'all are crazy and I'm staying on the ground! Pics will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats Dan! It'll be fun to run the cars at the Fest. :coo:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Good to see you finally do some serious mods!! I'm sure 21st will do excellent work and make your Z scream!!

Hopefully we will get to hear hear scream at beech bend this year!! ;)

-Tony

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Beautiful torch red Z....

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:coo: :coo:
:cheers: Congratulations Dan :pp:

Sounds like a great set-up, enjoy :thumb:

Peelin' Out