Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought the Z in to ECS today to have one of their custom roll cages installed with a 5 point harness. I have heard that although the rules for roll cage requirements on non-verts have been relaxed to 11.5 seconds, there will be strict enforcement of being "tossed" if you run quicker and don't have a cage. :NoNo: I figured I'd best be safe and have it installed. I want to have fun and run the car as fast as I possibly can (and I've already been 11.5 prior to my last round of engine mods) in any of the Corvette Challenges I participate in this year without fear of being sent home for not having the appropriate safety gear. :yeadog: I'll post pictures as soon as I get it back, which should be in a week or so. :thumb:

I guess I'll also need to look for a fire suit, since that's a requirement as well if you run lower than 11.5. Anybody have a suggestion on what kind to get and where?

Don

·
21,354 Posts
I have an old polyester liesure suit you can wear Don. It won't keep the flames off but at least you can style down the track! :lol:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
That is the way to go Don... On ours with the Bar out of door you can barely see it :thumb:

All you need is a fire jacket.. I think we bought ours at Jegs or Summit for like $45

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kat said:
That is the way to go Don... On ours with the Bar out of door you can barely see it :thumb:

All you need is a fire jacket.. I think we bought ours at Jegs or Summit for like $45

:cheers:
Thanks, Kat. I'll go online and check them out. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Don,, That's all you need is the Jacket... When you get down in the 9's then it's a different story.

Good luck this year... And Kat good luck with the new rear..

Ernie

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ernie King said:
Don,, That's all you need is the Jacket... When you get down in the 9's then it's a different story.

Good luck this year... And Kat good luck with the new rear..

Ernie
Thanks, Ernie. 9's? Wishful thinking. :D BTW, will you be ready for the first Challenge? Bring Siska if you come...he can help change my tires. :lol:

Don

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Don, Gosh I hope so.. Don't look good right now though.. But I just might go over and drag his butt up there with me..just to watch.

Ernie

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It must be nice to have the performance to run that fast. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Don Benson said:
Thanks, Ernie. 9's? Wishful thinking. :D BTW, will you be ready for the first Challenge? Bring Siska if you come...he can help change my tires. :lol:

Don
Oh...My...Aching...Frickin'...Back!!! :NoNo: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh...My...Aching...Frickin'...Back!!!

Mike, You can sit in the back and watch a movie, just bring one you like :D

Ernie

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Don -- Good deal!

I've been heads and cam shopping for the last few days. When you get your car back, is there any chance I could check it out? I want to find a cam that is a good driver, and can handle NYC traffic. No way to tell what a cam is like till I see it firsthand.

-N

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nabbs said:
Don -- Good deal!

I've been heads and cam shopping for the last few days. When you get your car back, is there any chance I could check it out? I want to find a cam that is a good driver, and can handle NYC traffic. No way to tell what a cam is like till I see it firsthand.

-N
Nabbs,

No problem...just remember, my car is a bit more than a "cam only" now. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Don Benson said:
Nabbs,

No problem...just remember, my car is a bit more than a "cam only" now. :yeadog:

Don
Even better -- I want to see how streetable or unstreetable (for my tastes at least) a worked car is. I still need to be able to parallel park every now and then, and sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic with the AC on, and would prefer not to a) wear my clutch down because I have to feather it constantly b) develop a Xena Warrior Princess left leg (TM).

Sorry to hijack your thread :) Drop me a PM when you get your ride back.

Congrats on the cage.

I just keep telling myself -- who needs to retire? keep putting $ into the Z :)

-N

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don,

I'll be interested in seeing how much of a pain it is (or isn't) to get in and out with the cage. I'm hoping I don't need one, if I'm just one the edge of needing one, I'll throw the cats and the old mufflers back on hoping it will slow me down enough. If somehow rip off some low 11.40's or 11.30's I guess I'll break down and get a cage. So I guess in a way, I wish I had your problem, but in a way I hope I don't.

Any trips to the track before the 19th??? I started breaking in this cam yesterday, another oil change and I'll be ready.

Dave

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pics...I'll be doing the same thing sometime this year. :jammin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts