Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning (it's 6:00 am, and i'm writing this from my office................ it's gonna be a hell of a week)

anyway, i called 2 places... LAPD and Corvette Specialty of Riverside, and both places want to lower the rear end more than the front. is this normal practice?

they tell me that stock, the car's rear is too high. now, i figure if it actually is, GM did it for aerodynamic reasons right?--if we change the relative height of front vs rear, would that cause and aerodynamic problems?

i'm just looking to lower the car as much as possible, without any permanent modifications--i want to return to normal if needed. you know how low that would be?

thanks,
dean

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
For Aerodynamic reasons it's important to maintain the factory rake. I would imagine you could take a little rake out. I would not make it level or lower in the back. :cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
IT L GO said:
For Aerodynamic reasons it's important to maintain the factory rake. I would imagine you could take a little rake out. I would not make it level or lower in the back. :cheers:

This is true. However, I don't play by the rules. I lowered mine so the rake was flat. 2 finger car, all the way around.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I lowered mine....alot. But I left the rear .5 inch higher than the front. Normal driving, you shouldnt notice any difference but if you get into triple digit speeds, the car will probably feel "floaty". Areo is important, look at the C6 Z06.

Jim

·
Registered
583 Posts
All I want to know is How to lower the back...??? I dont know where to begin?? I have seen some posts but not very detailed in explaning it. then again I am mechnicaly retarded.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I agree, keep the factory rake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that link mentioned a vcr owner's tape, but my car didn't come with one. i was wondering, did it actually recommend lowering the car for racing?

well, that link also said that the stock shocks are "marginal" when the car is lowered per the vcr owner's tape. does he mean "marginal" as in should be replaced, or still ok?

thanks,
dean

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Orpheus said:
that link mentioned a vcr owner's tape, but my car didn't come with one. i was wondering, did it actually recommend lowering the car for racing?

well, that link also said that the stock shocks are "marginal" when the car is lowered per the vcr owner's tape. does he mean "marginal" as in should be replaced, or still ok?

thanks,
dean
The 2002 Z06 Owners Video is available right here on the site in 5 parts at this link.http://www.z06vette.com/media.php About half way down the page. :z:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Orpheus said:

Didn't see that part, but 'not optimal' might be a better choice of words. Since the shocks were designed to work at the stock height, they're operating a bit out of their intended travel, but they're still good.

Anything can be improved upon, particularly if someone has a specific objective in mind and don't mind sacrificing other areas to get it. From the factory, the car is one huge compromise. There's no issue I know of that would suggest replacement was indicated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts