Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to autoshow in motion. I thought the C6 was alright but doesn't pull like the Z. I did like the short shifter. I also drove a GTO. It was OK nice exhaust sound,much better sound than the C6. Wouldn't trade the Z for either! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Steve Z said:
Went to autoshow in motion. I thought the C6 was alright but doesn't pull like the Z. I did like the short shifter. I also drove a GTO. It was OK nice exhaust sound,much better sound than the C6. Wouldn't trade the Z for either! :cheers:
I have driven both also.....and feel the same way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
C6

Why Do Everyone Compare The C6 To TheC5 Z-06. Compare The C6 To The C5. Chevy C5 Is The Best Comparsion. It Just ThAT The C6 Z51 Is Close To C5zo6 In Some Performance. The Real Test Is The C6zo6 Vs C5z06. The C6 Is A Lot More Refine And Quieter. The C5z06 Is Faster With Less Tq Management.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Why?

Because the C6z06 is not out yet and the newest vette available to drive is the c6?

Why not C5 with C6? Because the members in this board typically have C5Z06 not C5?

Does that answer your question? :ity:

·
Registered
153 Posts
A C5Z06 / C6 comparo in the final analysis may be logical because they both have 400HP. The extra 5 on the Z probably means nothing in a race because it may be offset by the C6 new mechanicals.) Any HP comparo between the C6Z06 and C5Z06 is going to be useless because of the HP differental. Now.....if you're comparing looks we ALL know which car wins that HANDS DOWN! :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I guess I'm different than most. I like all Corvette's. Appearance is to subjective. Most folks tend to like what they are comfortable with. From mechanical standpoint lets hope that the C6 is better than the C5 or someone is going to lose there jobs. Each series C1, C2 etc. has been better than its predecessor. Hell I think the C4 is good looking. Better looking than C5 no just different. I do think the C5 is better looking than the C6. From a price standpoint I think that the new C6 is not near the value that the C5 is/was. A loaded out C6 Vert is close to 65G's. Where a the same C5 Vert was mid fifties. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I haven't driven a Z06 in anger since last august. When I drove the C6 at the autoshowinmotion here in DC, I was impressed with the immediate torque when you floor one. The auto was nice but the stick was even better. But with my clutch probs I had in my two Z06's, I probably better off with an auto when and if the spousal unit stops spending the money.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I've had C3,4,5, & 6, and completely enjoyed each of the generations. Corvettes keep improving which benefits all of us.

Buy what you like and enjoy miles of smiles! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went from my 86 c4 to a 05 c6 and soon to be 06 z06. Needless to say it was a big jump from the c4 to the c6 and i cant complain at all. I have driven an 01 z06 and i like the c6 better. Im sure the new z will top all. For the record i love the way the c5 looks, but after the c6 came out it makes the c5 looked dated when parked next to each other in my opinion. Of course when the c5 is alone it looks plenty modern. Again just my opinion. Also you have to go by looks in person, i think the c5 looks better in pictures than the the c6. C6 looks better in person than c5. Again, JMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts